What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects Problems with installing Optical Flares Plugin

shlosi

Hello everyone,
I have AE CS5, and after I downloaded The OF Plugin, I pasted the folder at d:\Adobe CS5\support files\plug-ins.
After that I've opened AE and OF wasn't there.

Does anyone have a clue why?

Try in

Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\Plug-ins\

That's the place I tried to install the plug-in, sorry for misleading.
So, for now it doesn't work...

as far as I know you can not copy paste folders

There is a tutorial video at Video Copilot on the same site you dl'd your Optical Flares from when you purchased it. The adress would be on your reciept. It will show you how to install the OF plugin in CS3, CS4 and CS5. If you still have problems you should contact VCP or Andrew.
Like - basically, you need to generate a valid license file...

... and sorry, iDad, but the installation of OF involves copying/pasting folders... :)

I thought he meant copy the application folder

Oh - I see... no, that's not possible, but I think shlosi's problem is not getting a license file to validate. Could be wrong there. Just a hunch. Had to re-admit HW-print twice myself to get it correct.

me toooo facing same problem yaaar......
all the process completes and
video copilot option is not seen in my aftereffects!
i am eagerly waiting for solution....

The latest version should come with an installer now. Why are people coming here for an after effects plugin made by video copilot. Surely your first line of support would be Video Copilot.

That aside I am goingto assume your running cs6 or cc which of course is only in 64 bit mode. So make sure you have the 64 bit version of optical flares

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC\Support Files\Plug-ins\video copilot

Make sure you have the actual plugin there with the texture and preset folders.

Launch after effects create a new composition then create a new solid layer.

Then go to effect > video copilot > optical flares where it will bring you up an installer to install your license once generated make sure you copy your license over to the same folder as your optical flares plugin

In your download pack it should have also included a direct link to a tutorial to install as well

thanks again .......
i finally got my problem solved.
sucessfully found opticalflares
its fault of 64bit files
i previously went with 32bit ones.......
:)

Back