Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Movie Theater Effect

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently shooting a short film and am completely new to After Effects. I have a scene that takes place in a movie theater, while a film is being screened. No film will really be screened during the shooting, and I would like to create some artificial flashes of light on the seats from the screen, in order to simulate this.
    My shot is something like the photo attached.

Does anyone know a tutorial that can help with this, or can give some basic instructions on this for a total newbie?

Thanks a lot guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -movie-theater-hangout-shutterstock-99435824-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Movie Theater Effect

When filming your film have some one stand on the stage with a high powered light and have them just walk in front of it while your filming the lady, diffuse the lamp light with an old sheet or something just to soften it.
    ​REMEMBER TO PUT THE LID DOWN GUYS

Guru
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I did this rather quickly but you'll get the idea. Make the movie photo layer 3D, then add an ambient light and keyframe the intensity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCGfG...ature=youtu.be
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot001-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks a lot, hawkeye! That worked great!