What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator How do I rotate the background?

mholen

Ok so I'm totally new to Illustrator, so please don't assume I know what/where anything is. I have an ebook design which I'd like to be able to rotate/change the angle so that it's facing forward instead of angled. I have attached the ai file as well as a png that I would like it to end up looking like. I can't use the png because I want to change the text, and I don't have the original file with different layers.

I'd be most gracious if someone could help walk me through how to transform the ai background to the png background. Thanks!

Attachments

• ebook.ai
    14.8 MB · Views: 2
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 0

PseFrank

I don't use Illustrator, so I'm not able to help you with that software. But if I've understood you properly. You want to take the .ai file and make it just face forward like the JPG file (The image you've posted above).

If this is not what you want...please explain further.

To do as I've said above. And assuming you have Photoshop. Open the .ai file in the photoshop editor and make a selection of the front cover and delete the background.

Open up the image that you're posted above and then (After making sure of sizing and resolution) select the move tool and drag the .ai image into the Jpg image. Hit Ctrl + T to go into Free Transform and by clicking and dragging on the bounding box handles you will be able to pull/distort the selected part of the .ai image so that it fits onto the Jpg image (Your pattern) perfectly.

If I've misunderstood..I'm sure someone else will be able to help out.

Is it not possible to redraw it? It's going to be tough to get that angled book pic to look like a flat poster without some distortion.

Agent