What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Decreasing eps file size

mikelamar

Hey guys, I've make some work in AI CC and I wanna save it as eps file but the size should be no more than 10mb
- My artboard should be 2000x2000px (my design is 540x520px)

When I saved in Original format, that means CMYK 300dpi the result was an 117mb EPS file. #fail

+Is it possible to reduce the size to 10mb without loosing much of the quality cause I wanna post it on web and how to achieve that.

thanks in advance

Why does it have to be an EPS file to post on the web? I have a $35 program called Advanced Jpeg Compressor http://www.winsoftmagic.com/ that will take an EPS file and return a Jpg file that loses little quality but makes it much smaller. You might want to check it out. (that is very large file, must contain bitmaps as well as vector huh?)

I was aware of that, but from 117mb down to a requested 10mb is pretty ambitious. Is AI going to give him that much reduction?
Illustrator has a save for web function: alt-shift-ctrl-S

The problem is than an EPS file less than 10mb is required if I want to sell my stuff
I saved it in RGB mode 72dpi no preview no thumbnails no fonts and got an 11mb EPS :(
An lost a lot of quality

Last edited:

Back