What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another colorization using different method

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Here is another one downloaded from my favorite Library of Congress collections.
I did this one by using the Black and White Adjustment layer. I think it yields good results and is quick and accurate. If you click on the Tint box when open, you have the option of choosing the color from the color picker by clicking on the swatch. I entered my skin color mix of C-16,M-30-Y-33-K-0 and used a layer mask to apply it. Clothing color etc same process, you can vary your opacity and blending modes to achieve the look your wanting.

The-Judge.jpg
Judge-Before.jpg

Inkz

Guru
Oh yeah...

This technique works better with you. Really nice.

Just watch the eyes, be sure to change the blend mode to colour.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Thanks for the replies guys.
Inkz, I like your levels method but I never could figure out a method to hit my precise color combinations without a lot of adding and subtracting colors with the curves and testing several times to get there. I kind of came up on this by accident and it works pretty well.
Rufinatti, your method of using gradient maps is cool too. Skin tone being tough to get right, I can see that with a set of skin tone gradients that could be good too.

orks better with you. Really nice.

Just watch the eyes, be sure to change the blend mode to colour.[/QUOTE]