What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Human Torch (Fantastic Four)

Spectrum

Hey guys,

I haven't been here for quite some time, but I haven't been idle either.

This is a shot of my friend Dave. He helped out modelling for this and many other shots at a shoot a friend and I organised to get some images to work with to create a series of superhero pieces.

This is the first one I've finished. I'm not entirely happy with it, it needs its reflections improved, and some background blending tweaks, but I'm about 90% happy with it as it is.

Cheers

Spectrum

Before
before.jpg

After
after.jpg

ruberman

looks really cool! you did a nice job with the costume. flames look a little more like web-flamed hands, maybe change the flames or add a bit more? other than that it looks fantastic :)

Spectrum

looks really cool! you did a nice job with the costume. flames look a little more like web-flamed hands, maybe change the flames or add a bit more? other than that it looks fantastic :)

The fire is actually a real image of fire, but I agree. I'm thinking of changing it to a more dynamic fire. The one I used is a little lazy. I'm going to post a 2.0 version when I finish all the reflections. I also wan to do a HDR version, see how it looks.

Bosch232

In my humble opinion, the fire is too scaled up. Don't get me wrong, it's way better than my abilities. I'm just saying if you look at the scale of the tongues of flame, they look oversized compared to his hand.

Spectrum

In my humble opinion, the fire is too scaled up. Don't get me wrong, it's way better than my abilities. I'm just saying if you look at the scale of the tongues of flame, they look oversized compared to his hand.

I understand what you're saying, and you would be right, if it were a natural fire. I was replicating his super-power, which not only produces a flame, but also has the effect of pushing the flame out from his body a bit. I wasn't intending it to look like a normal hand on fire, almost like an explosion, but not quite.