What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights on, Lights off

hershy314

Guru
Quick before and after. Tried my hand at some more realistic lights.
Untitled-1.jpg
at this angle its kinda hard to get it just right. But at least it's almost kind of close.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 1965_mustang.jpg
    1965_mustang.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Maybe adding a little hint of light beams would give it just a bigger push mate?

You need a darker room or background for the lighting to have a full effect.

To do a beam of light, try...

Draw a triangle shape with the Polygonal Lasso coming from the head light, make it quite long. Then go to Select > Modify > Feather 30-40px Then fill with #a58c33 set to colour dodge lowering the opacity to suit. Add a cloud render overlay to it for a misty light.

But you need a dark background than what you used before.

I will knock up a vid tut if you want.

The tip Inkz gave will be useful for the criticism I'm about to give - the light beams edge are too crisp. In real life, the edges of lights in the dark have a feathered look to them. Otherwise, great effort :D

The tip Inkz gave will be useful for the criticism I'm about to give - the light beams edge are too crisp. In real life, the edges of lights in the dark have a feathered look to them. Otherwise, great effort :D

the first re-do i posted was a mistake, but if you look again at the second before / after photo the lights are feathered around the edge

Second image looks a lot better, feathered has worked a treat.

I would agree completely I was going to mention it, but if you bring the angle upwards you lose the contact with the floor. Thinking about how headlights work on a car I dont think its the bottom of the beam but the top that needs to be pushed further upwards? possibly.

Back