What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Older gentleman manipulation-painterly look-Please comment

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
This was a download from stock.xchng (http://www.sxc.hu/home) of an elderly gentleman. I used a couple of methods to achieve this. I used Portrait Pro to give the brightness to his eyes. Topaz Clean in Crisp style mode. The rest is blended and brushed in PS with the Mixer Brush. I hope it looks as good here as it does printed. I printed it on my Canon Pixma Pro 100 on Red River Paper's Ultra Satin paper using their profile. It is gorgeous in print. (Paul- I tried not to be brash-LOL) I attempted to maintain the character of the subject.
After:
Old-guy-to-print.jpg
Before:

Attachments

• OG-Orig.jpg
    OG-Orig.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Looks like something you see in wax museum...... pretty cool

Yeah, it does. I personally like the look though. I am trying to create some interesting looks that are a little different, a style if you will.
Looks like something you see in wax museum...... pretty cool

Since there have been some recent threads on turning photos into sketches, maybe some sort of hybrid B&W photo-pencil sketch would be a good direction to explore. It might go well with the craggy nature of the subject.

T

Attachments

• OG-tjm01-acr-ps04a-composite_sketch_crop_BW-01.jpg
    OG-tjm01-acr-ps04a-composite_sketch_crop_BW-01.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
...or maybe more like this...

Attachments

• OG-tjm01-acr-ps05a-composite_sketch_crop_BW_paint_borders-01.jpg
    OG-tjm01-acr-ps05a-composite_sketch_crop_BW_paint_borders-01.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 52
Great minds lol.
Made his nose bigger /head smaller and neck longer reminds me of someone:rofl:

I don't know what it's called.
I've mainly seen it on commercials for some of those Discovery Chanel, or TLC, etc. shows.
Rough tough guys, high contrast kind of stuff.

I don't know what it's called.
I've mainly seen it on commercials for some of those Discovery Chanel, or TLC, etc. shows.
Rough tough guys, high contrast kind of stuff.

Oh yeah i know what you mean now, not sure if it is Dragon effect only in video format.
Will do some searching.

Hey, guys - it's Dragan, not Dragon, and IMHO, the "before" image ALB posted already looks severely over-processed to me, and this is what is making it difficult for you to further process it to get a Dragan-like effect.

I'll bet you that the original looked closer to this ...

Attachments

• OG-tjm02-acr-ps03a_texturize_acr2-650px_wide-01.jpg
    OG-tjm02-acr-ps03a_texturize_acr2-650px_wide-01.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
...than to this (ie, the "before" image posted by ALB) ...

Attachments

• OG-Orig-xnv_650px_wide-01.jpg
    OG-Orig-xnv_650px_wide-01.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 34
Tom,
The first one is better. I like B&W and am going to do some soon.

Here is my pencil drawing rendition
OG-Pencil-web.jpg

Back