What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Car

I bought my first car in 1967. It was a 1960 model Citroen 2 CV with 90 000 km. Second hand, one owner. Light grey color.
I repainted it with real brushes and real paint and applied my own hippy-design in 2 colors, yellow and black. The only photograph I still had of this car was a Black and White shot. I scanned this image and brought back the colors in Photoshop.

Here is what I came up with.

DöschwoOriginalSW.jpg

DöschwoFinal.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent job Chris and a very cool car! Don't you wish you still had that car?

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Chris - I didn't see this thread back in April, but finally noticed it today, saw your Citroen 2CV, and thought you might get a chuckle out of this old Kodachrome slide from 1973 of my old Ami6.

The only before-and-after aspect I can point out about this car is that it had been sitting in a farmer's field, unused, for about 5 years, wasn't running, and after I worked on it, it ran, LOL. There's a much longer story about exactly where it came from, exactly how I used it, etc., but that's not for this forum. ;-)

Tom

PS - Notice the chains on the front wheels. ;-)

Attachments

• DSE_0763jpg-698px_wide_for_web.jpg
    DSE_0763jpg-698px_wide_for_web.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 50

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I bought my first car in 1967. It was a 1960 model Citroen 2 CV with 90 000 km. Second hand, one owner. Light grey color.
I repainted it with real brushes and real paint and applied my own hippy-design in 2 colors, yellow and black. The only photograph I still had of this car was a Black and White shot. I scanned this image and brought back the colors in Photoshop.

Here is what I came up with.

View attachment 44487

View attachment 44488

Now there's a classic... and an excellent job on the image restore. And I like the yellow and black you had on it.

Mmh...the car was fun, but I prefer to have good memories of this time and the girlfriends I had.

"To all the girls I loved before.... who traveled in and went out my car door"....

sorry can't resist..... :cheesygrin:

Thanks for looking and your comments.

@ dv8_fx: Nothing beats old memories!!!
@ Tom: Ami6...what an ugly little car...very cool. But I guess the girls loved the soft suspension. Same with my 2CV.

MikeMc

McGuru
I just caught this...I remember my very first ride...a truck, got it for Christmas, that would have been about 1958. Looked like this one!

Z0020370.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Chris - I remember being absolutely shocked when I first saw the bizarre suspension systems on some of their models, particularly, the two long, large diameter cylinders that connected the front and rear suspensions on the same side. :eek:

In fact, I remember sitting in that Ami for about 10 minutes in a blizzard one night because every time I put the car in reverse to back out of the parking space, the driver's seat started to move upwards. The more I backed up, the higher it got, until I was worried about my head being crushed against the ceiling. I then would go forward a few feet, and the seat would come back down. I couldn't believe this was really happening, so I repeated it several times, and indeed it was repeatable!

I finally figured it out, :redface:, but I'll buy anyone who figures it out in this forum a virtual beer, LOL!:mrgreen:

Tom

MikeMc

McGuru
I envy MikeMC...... As a kid, I rode a box with coasters attached..... no steering wheel and no brakes......

Parents lived in the burbs.....We did have sidewalks though. We used the boxes in winter...better than a sled!

hershy314

Guru
Chris - I remember being absolutely shocked when I first saw the bizarre suspension systems on some of their models, particularly, the two long, large diameter cylinders that connected the front and rear suspensions on the same side. :eek:

In fact, I remember sitting in that Ami for about 10 minutes in a blizzard one night because every time I put the car in reverse to back out of the parking space, the driver's seat started to move upwards. The more I backed up, the higher it got, until I was worried about my head being crushed against the ceiling. I then would go forward a few feet, and the seat would come back down. I couldn't believe this was really happening, so I repeated it several times, and indeed it was repeatable!

I finally figured it out, :redface:, but I'll buy anyone who figures it out in this forum a virtual beer, LOL!:mrgreen:

Tom

The suspension on those cars was in a word....funky. When you say you seat was rising was any other part of the car doin any twisting at all. If not I have no idea then again we never had cars like that here in the states.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Nice, nice, nice all. Mike, you joker.

I guess my first cars then were the little ones we used to line up like a traffic jam and make them do crazy things, like crash and roll. So that would have been around 1960? I guess chrisdesign is really oooold.

I don't exactly remember my first car. A Corvair I think (very cool car). It went all of two weeks before it broke down and I abandoned it. $100 in 1975. My next car in 1978 was a 1968 Chevy Impala, $200. When I moved from Las Vegas to San DIego, my future husband said the blue smoke pouring out the tailpipes almost gave him a heart attack. He wasn't sure we'd make it over the mountains. But one stop in a desert town and we managed to unload some of the heavy stuff into his car and we miraculously made it the rest of the way. I was not allowed to keep that car however. Sobbing though I was. NOT.

hershy314

Guru
My first car....well truck was an 86 Mazda B2000 with a frame that was nearly rusted in half. Replaced the frame and did some body work before selling it. Took it from a heap on my grandparents property to something drivable in a couple weeks.