What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest work

Hello all, and happy new year!

This is my latest caricature - hand-drawn, then loaded into Ps for coloring. Did a little bit of blurring on different background layers to get some depth, but pretty much mostly just painting on the tablet.

The pose was inspired by the movie Tombstone (on request), and I'm fairly happy with how the skin came out. Still looking to get better and more realistic, though.

Agent

Attachments

• danielson.jpg
    danielson.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
It's Wyatt Earp! Great movie and great job on the drawing!

Wyatt Earp , it is.... lol... I like the caricature.

I think you have to work more on the color tone and gradients of the hilites and shadows to get that"realistic effect" you're looking for.

Keep it coming.... LOL... I really love your manual caricatures.

Wyatt Earp , it is.... lol... I like the caricature.

I think you have to work more on the color tone and gradients of the hilites and shadows to get that"realistic effect" you're looking for.

Keep it coming.... LOL... I really love your manual caricatures.

Thanks, dv8. I have been looking at the work of Jason Seiler and Loopy Dave as inspiration. This isn't actually Wyatt Earp, it's someone from my work. He really does have that mustache, though.

Agent

So cool. Its portraits like these that have actually been drawn then photoshopped that I really admire. Sophia Grotto is another illustrator whose work I often check back on.

I like the coloring you've done and the shadow in the foreground is good, but that just makes the background beg for some treatment. The flat color of the background makes it seem too close when you start applying shading and texture to the foreground stuff.

I like the coloring you've done and the shadow in the foreground is good, but that just makes the background beg for some treatment. The flat color of the background makes it seem too close when you start applying shading and texture to the foreground stuff.

I see your point. But, it was done for free, and paying jobs take precedence, so no background detail.

Agent

Back