What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Cartoonists?

MaKaVeLi

Hi guys and gals!! :cheesygrin:

My name is Tom Lawton and I'm a singer/Songwriter from the UK and I'm looking to release my first E.P.

I'm unsigned and have been working hard on saving money to record an E.P. and now I have the master copy. YAY! :yourock:

But now I need to get a cover sorted for it...boo!:banghead:

So, that's hopefully where you guys come in.

I understand forum etiquette and that it's best to introduce yourself before you start asking favours (I've been an active member of Overclock.net since 2006) but unfortunately I don't have time at the minute, as I'm just rushing out of the house.

My first album is to be entitled "The World Inside My Head", as people often comment on how upbeat I am and my music is, even when times are rough and I try to explain that everyone has bad times, you can't change that, but you can change your outlook.

Have a listen to some of my life bedroom recordings to see what I mean about "upbeat" music...

Type "Tom Lawton Simple Life" into youtube. I'm not allowed to post links you see...being new and all...

Album Cover 1.png

Album Cover 1.png

Sorry, everything above seemed to go wrong... but there you have an idea of something I've Photoshopped and see below for another...

album art 4.png

The silhouette is supposed to be me, the dark cracked wall is reality and the cartoon sky is whats going on inside my head...

IMG_0122.JPG

This is a picture of my face that someone photoshopped, so this could inspire someone?

Honestly, I don't know what I want and I don't know what I'm doing... all I do is play my guitar, but now I'm having to do all this...?

Anyways, please lend a hand or point me in the right direction.

Also, if you're wanting to have a go... there is no right or wrong, anything you draw or PS will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much, I'll be back on later,

Sorry for not properly introducing myself!

Tom :cheesygrin:

Welcome to PSG...

In general, we are a help and guidance forum. Not saying we don't indulge our skills on some free requests, some do. Just bare in mind we do have a freelance section and have really good rates from some great designers.

So listening to your music, I like it. Seems like your just finding your feet in the music world.

Hi Inkz,

I only started writing 3-4 months ago, following a long stint of cancer allowing me to learn guitar.

I started writing for me, decided to pop them on YouTube and it went way better than expected and now I have people asking for copies.

I saved up and got an E.P recorded, but in order to get the album out, I need artwork.

Whether it's freelance showing what they can do (watermarked) and then charging for the final thing, or just very generous people giving up some time for me... I'm open to everything and I really appreciate any time anyone gives me.

Thank you

Tom

Back