What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting slightly better

hershy314

Guru
Haven't been around much lately cause this current class is taking up a lot of my time. Currently in a drawing class, which is hard. Done a few drawing over the past few weeks, and thought today I would share the latest one. They say this a beginner class, but I have my doubts.

IMG_20140115_0001.jpg

When doing pencil strokes for shading make sure they ALL go the same way, rub out the lines with your finger to soften the edges some - i like the grain effect you attempted though.
Also start to think about perspective and angles of the things you are drawing, look twice draw once:mrgreen:

I had to work from a photo, there was no way I could of done this just looking would of taken way too long. In fact I started on this at 1:30pm and finished around 8 or 9 tonight. Took several breaks. I tried to keep the strokes in the same direction and did blend them best I could with my finger. Perspective might be off cause I was in a weird angle when I snapped the photo. The corner of the object on the right was blocked cause for some reason the camera decided to put a date stamp on the photo. Never done that till now. I had to try and figure out how it was supposed to look.

Nice job I would point out that you may have lost your perspective with the floor in the vent cover, if that's what it is. All in all I can see you're getting better seriously

Back