What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS CS4 - Animation/layer problem

Sabaku

Hello there,

I was trying to create an animation using Adobe Photoshop CS4 and everything was going alright, until I wanted to use a certain layer again in another frame. By moving it in this new frame, it also moved in a previous one, something which I didn't want to happen. I tried to look for some option that locked the previous frame or something like that but in the end, I could only accomplish what I wanted by duplicating the layer and editing that one instead. That made for some extra layers that I didn't need other than for the purpose of moving them around in the other frames, but here's the real problem:

After creating some frames using this method, layers started to show as 'visible' on new frames without actually being visible. If I removed the eye icon, duplicated them and rechecked the visible box, they still wouldn't show. I really need to use these layers again, so is there any way to make them visible again? It has nothing to do with other layers positioned above them or whatsoever, if I remove everything leaving only a transparent background and recheck them, nothing changes.

(I dunno if this is related, but I also had some problems with the Quick Mask editing mode which at first didn't allow me to move around any of my layers, but after removing it this was solved. Now there's only this problem left.)

I really hope someone can help me out since this is my first experience trying to make an animation and I'm still quite a novice at using PS.