What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visa Font

LeMort

Hi again

I am currently working on a project I will use to apply for a job.
I am building a copy of my ATM-card in PSP and on it is the VISA logo.
(Ofcourse, there are million of sites with the VISA-logo I can snatch, I can also scan my card, but I want to make
e v e r y t h i n g from scratch, handmade so to say, that's is a point for me....)

Try to google for the words Visa & font, hehe. All you get is sites that will allow you to buy fonts with your card :(

Does anybody know a way or a place to find a similar font to the VISA-font?

Cheers
MortenF

(ps, the idea is to animate the card, so when it is turned, you'll see the back of the card (du'h, obvious) and there will be an animated id-photo of me)

Here is a high resolution Visa logo with a transparent background, maybe you can use it:

visa-font.png

I don't know the font but you could try scouring free font sites to try and find it (just google "free fonts"). I wouldn't be surprised though, if the logo was specifically done for Visa which brings me to:
Why don't you open up Illustrator and take the make-it-all-on-your-own approach to the extreme and recreate the type yourself? Shouldn't be that hard (it's only 4 letters) and that would really impress 'em!

Lastly, a word of caution, be sure that your prospective employer won't have an issue with you recreating copyrighted materials!!

How about a custom shape? (OK so I spiffed up the sample image with a layer style.)

visa-redplastic.png

Here's the custom shape:

Attachments

• visa-custom-shape.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 8
Lee,

I'm particularly fond of that style too. It has a PSG history. A couple of years ago there was a styles challenge. In a rather lengthy thread Wendy posted the "Red Frosted Galss" which she had created and challenged anyone to recreate it. I came very close but had a slightly different result. After a while Wendy shared her "Frosted Glass" style with us and I don't remember now whether she provided all four colors at that time or whether I modified them since.

Anyway, I've saved them as Wendy's Frosted Glass and use them fairly often considering I have thousands of styles. I usually modify the highlight slightly with a little color and scale the style if I'm using it for print. Here's how the styles look without any editing and I've included them in a .zip file.

Oh coooool!! Consider it stolen, Welles :rofl: I was going to ask you if it worked only on Mac, but I tried it and found out for myself. I just love the style!

8))

Hi Sheba... enjoy! Just a note...all presets work cross platform. Adobe is very careful to have Photoshop work virtually identically on both Windows and Mac so files and presets can be shared back and forth without problems.

Thanks. Welles. I'm gonna add that to my styles folder. I love the way that looks.

Per Wendy. Has any one heard from her? She and I exchanged emails when she first "retired" but I have not heard from her in a long time. I hope she is well.

Just want to say
Thanks for the respons guys :)

Lovely place, this forum

Cheers
MortenF

Welles,

Thanks for sharing Wendy's 'Frosted glass' styles. The letters of her name above look like they're made of candy...like 'gummy bears'. :perfect:

Lee said:
Thanks. Welles. I'm gonna add that to my styles folder. I love the way that looks.

Per Wendy. Has any one heard from her? She and I exchanged emails when she first "retired" but I have not heard from her in a long time. I hope she is well.

I didn't hear from her for a long time. I missed her very much. Hope she is doing well.

Back