What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will someone please fix the exposure on this pic -any improvement would b appreciated

nemo1982

photo1.jpg290585_10150277423592051_558702050_8345355_7830217_o.jpg

the second one shows u the good version (flash on) - i need the first one fixed i kno it will never look like the second but any improvement would b appreciated

thanks in advance

Vafann

Guru
Re: Will someone please fix the exposure on this pic -any improvement would b appreci

I tried, but it was so grainy that I couldn´t really do much. :)

exposurefix 2 sammanl..jpg

Vafann

Guru
Re: Will someone please fix the exposure on this pic -any improvement would b appreci

Oh, oops! now I see that it was supposed to be at night lol. That probably would have been easier.

SeniorS

Guru

phot.jpg

Something like that.

Hoogle

Guru

HAd a quick go but due to the amount of noise reduction techniques I had to use I lost a lot of focus of the image
psg.jpg

nemo1982

wow thanks guys!

SeniorS

Guru

Excelent job fenix.

Did you dissect it by dozens selections/masks?
Or use some addon filters?

fenix

Guru

Excelent job fenix.

Did you dissect it by dozens selections/masks?
Or use some addon filters?

Thank you SeniorS! Yep, you´ve got it buddy! But it sure take some time i can tell you. I had to process an endless stack with copies just for to use a smaller parts of it which i then had to merge, copy and process over and over again until this puzzle of patching turned out as I was hoping for.

SeniorS

Guru

But it sure take some time i can tell you.
And i was hoping that there is easy (filter) way :)

I can say that if i wouldn't be so lazy (at first look image kinda asks for vivisection) then i would do it myself. But honestly, being realist and don't want flatter myself - it wouldn't be so good as yours.

One more time, excelent job.

fenix

Guru

I´m sure you could do even better than me SeniorS. The things I have seen from you has all been great. BTW; When you mention filter, yes I do use a filter even tho I don´t really think of it as one. It is Camera RAW and you have it on CS4 and 5, maybe also on CS3. You could do pretty much editing in that one actually, very powerful adjustment, noise reduction etc. I have that one auto starting each time i open a pic so I never really thinks about that it is a kind of filter. Try it! It is a really good one.

SeniorS

Guru

Thanks for tip (and good words).

It happens that "they" not gives me good digital photos so i very rare use Camera Raw and wasn't aware that it can be used on simple images. That could be intresting and usefull.

fenix

Guru

Top Menu: Edit/Preferences/Camera RAW. (or equal meaning depending on what language you´re using) Then at the bottom of that screen you have 2 click menus. JPEG & TIFF Handling. If you set both of those to " Automatically open all Supported JPEG/TIFF then Camera RAW will always open first when you try to open JPEG/TIFF files. Just do your editing here and when you feel happy then just click on: Open Image. And it will put it in PS as normal.

SeniorS

Guru

Thanks!

Open every image in Camera Raw i think isn't necesary so i'll use Open As option for it.

fenix

Guru

That´s an alternative that sure works just as good!

Vafann

Guru

Really good job Fenix! Wow! :)