What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove text from background layer

poetdi

Hello from a relative NOOB to PS. I'm working on a site and the owner wants a new nav bar button. I opened one of the existing buttons in PS, it has a slight gradient background and the text is typed right on the background so I can't find a way to edit it (it's not on a separate layer), and so if I just erase the text it messes up the background.

How can one do this? I know this is probably a simple question but I'm at the end of my rope. I can design websites all day long but I can't do this. ARRGH!!!! :banghead:

Thank you in advance!
Diane

Welcomen!

Hope this will help

That was a great tutorial! However - I'd like to keep the background and remove the text, rather than removing the background. I will try putting another background over the existing text, as Hawkeye suggested, but I'll take other ideas too. Thanks to you both!

Oh Seniors lol that could have been dangerous I was about to delete that video and tidy up my channel luckily it is the opposite to what he wants lol.

Hmm, didn't thought about it :)
I remember there was discusion about removing background from text and you made tutorial. So i find it in Tutorial section. I opened that thread and video was there or it would be there even if it would be deleted on youtube?

For my eye removing text from background and removing background from text are pretty much the same. Same technic only use it "reverse".

Yeah they stay active for upto 48 hours after you delete them there is a delay.

Hoogleman, if you deleted it then maybe post an update to specific thread with that video?
Some warning that tutorial isn't aviable anymore or something. That would make sence.

Back