+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How to create this effect in photoshop

    I have this attached picture which has a background color and a picture in another layer at right hand corner...I want the same effect like background glow color is going on top of the right picture border. To achieve this what steps i need to follow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to create this effect in photoshop-investment.png  

  2. #2
    Power User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Southern, Illinois
    Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts

    Re: How to create this effect in photoshop

    To make a color fade into an image, First Create a new layer above the image. Second fill that layer with the color you want. Next make a layer mask on your color layer. Using a brush paint black on the layer mask using similar settings and you should get something similar to this.
    How to create this effect in photoshop-10.jpg

    You can also use a gradient on the layer mask, gradients can be a little confusing though.

    I can be more specific if needed. But I am fixing to go to bed soon. So if you can wait I can help tomorrow or if not someone else can step in.

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Stric9; 11-25-2011 at 12:08 AM.



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Photoshop Gurus Forum. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.