What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work project

reddace

I was given the task of modifying photos. Here is what I need. I work at a Juvenile center and there are numerous record photos of juveniles that have white or grey backgrounds. What needs to be done here is change all of these photos to one background such as white without altering the person in the photo. I know there is eraser tool and Lasso, but what would be the most time efficient method of doing this? Thank one and all in advance for any help.
Michael

iDad

Guru
Depending upon the background there and numerous ways to do it but if you can just select the white or gray background and replace thecolor that would be easiest

reddace

Thanks for the reply. Would I have to single out the individual in the photo before doing this?

Hoogle

Guru
first of all dont you have to be careful with adapting photos that are meant for this so whatever work should be very minimal. I would suggest adding an exposure adjustment layer and crank up the exposure until you get a white background if that is what you need and then with your paintbrush paint in black on the layer mask to restore the subjects actual image of them.

reddace

When I go to create "new fill or adjustment layer" I don't see the option for exposure. How should I create this? Thanks.