What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statue of Liberty Modifications. how make it look realistically?

verlorenersohn

Hey there,

I m trying to modify the statue of liberty a little bit but I can't figure out how to make it look realistically. I'm trying to make it look like the statue is wearing nothing. So far I have three layers.
One with the original statue, another one with a little bit of clone stamping, and one with a picture of a nude lady but how do I change the color of the nude lady so that it looks the same as the statue?
(similar to this: hxxp://wxw.freakingnews.cxm/Statue-of-Liberty-Short-Dress-Pictures-63054.asp)
Replace x with correct letter

Anybody out there who knows how to do this kind of stuff or has a link to a tutorial or at least knows how to call this "effect", so I can look for myself.

Thank you

Set the lady to overlay and mess around with opacity...<br><br>That would retain the texture of the statue as well.

I would suggest trying a texture layer and a color layer above your nude selection. Find a metal texture that looks pretty close to what you want. Make the color layer the statue blue you want. You can adjust both these layers after you set their blend modes. I set the metal layer to multiply and the color layer to color. Experiment with these and change/deepen the color as needed. Of course, both these are clipping layers. On my experiment, I also used the smudge tool as a low setting to "paint" the texture to my satisfaction.

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

I would suggest trying a texture layer and a color layer above your nude selection. Find a metal texture that looks pretty close to what you want. Make the color layer the statue blue you want. You can adjust both these layers after you set their blend modes. I set the metal layer to multiply and the color layer to color. Experiment with these and change/deepen the color as needed. Of course, both these are clipping layers. On my experiment, I also used the smudge tool as a low setting to "paint" the texture to my satisfaction.

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

hey thanks for your reply.
I did something similar yesterday but the problem I faced was that everything looks like it is painted on the statue and not part of the statue itself. any idea on how i can make the contours stronger so they don't look painted on?

It would help if you would upload your psd. Hard to say without seeing the process you're using and the problems you're having.

decided to do something different (not the nude thing) but it is basically the same idea
here is a link to what I have so far: hxxp://imageshack.us/f/14/statuelibertymoneyfinal.jpg/
as you can see it is just a rough draft and the edges and whatnot are not perfect.

here is what i did:

1. I cut out a sample from the original statue which i use as a background layer for my shirt since my shirt is bigger than the statue I needed some background otherwise the sky would shine trough plus it also give me the right texture.

2. I changed the blend mode of the shirt to multiply and put a black&white adjustment layer on top of it to get rid of the colors in the shirt layer

I tried to do it your way too but I got the exact same effect except that the white of the shirt was to strong

I see the shirt is too white/bright. Without seeing the pieces and your workflow, I can't think of much to suggest. You could try duplicating that layer and playing with both layer's blend modes and opacities, but this is just guessing. Maybe someone else will have a good idea for you.

You need to give the statue 'feeling'... I know it sounds weird, but a distraction not only makes you forget about the flaws but makes it more interesting. Without over doing it, has anyone considered a wink or a bit of a pose-ish type thing? Her legs need to look like peg-legs and more like something 'sexy'. Not that they're bad and the pun comes across, it just needs to be exaggerated.

Back