What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

little challenge for you.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
okay, I'm a little bit in and out when it comes to the net recently. but I just want to give you a challenge for the coming days for a little bit of fun or to boost any skill or whatever else.

Canvas Size: Any (not too big!)
Skill level: starting at beginner.
Colours: Bright and colourful
tools allowed: All WITHIN photoshop (free filters allowed)
photos allowed

THEME
: Gangnam Style OR Text effects (it's up to you)

the reason behind this is basically because if it's a fun dance, it can be a fun manip too. basically it can be your take on the video, Psy or anything to do with Gangnam style! it can be funny, or whatever. but it has to be at least a wee bit colourful.

For the text effects, pick a word, or sentence, and write it in different styles. then post the results up here!

Tutorials:
http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/text-effects/create-shiny-retro-text-photoshop/
http://blogof.francescomugnai.com/2008/06/tutorial-how-to-create-a-stunning-3d-effect-in-photoshop/
http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/text-effects-tutorials/create-a-layered-glowing-text-effect/

please, if you are doing the gangnam style manips, do not be racist.

I'll post some examples up later.

Sorry Zee, I never saw it. Maybe you should have bumped it! Have you seen the latest challenges in the contest forum? I'd love to see your ideas. I really think you'd have a lot of fun with this latest one.

I didn't quite understand what a gangnam style manipulation was. I Googled it, and all I got back was a buffoon from South Korea in a really bad music video. If this is the said style, how am I meant to know whether copying any bits of it are racist or not. the whole thing could be racist, and I don't know any Koreans to explain to me how an Englishman can copy a Korean and not seem racist, although I think the don't be racist thing is already pretty much covered with the existing forum rules. To the people like me who are not a massive fan of eastern culture, this challenge isn't up my street.

Please remember that the majority of regulars on this forum, are a lot more advanced than beginner, and will find this to be a none challenge, especially when there is already challenges in motion which you could get involved in.

Hmm, thats sounds interesting, especially the Gangnam Style part. I will see if i can come up with something.
And its very cool of you to open it for everyone, i do, i like this challenge :)

Sorry Zee, I never saw it. Maybe you should have bumped it! Have you seen the latest challenges in the contest forum? I'd love to see your ideas. I really think you'd have a lot of fun with this latest one.

no worries, i'll have a look at them when i get the time ;)
I didn't quite understand what a gangnam style manipulation was. I Googled it, and all I got back was a buffoon from South Korea in a really bad music video. If this is the said style, how am I meant to know whether copying any bits of it are racist or not. the whole thing could be racist, and I don't know any Koreans to explain to me how an Englishman can copy a Korean and not seem racist, although I think the don't be racist thing is already pretty much covered with the existing forum rules. To the people like me who are not a massive fan of eastern culture, this challenge isn't up my street.

Please remember that the majority of regulars on this forum, are a lot more advanced than beginner, and will find this to be a none challenge, especially when there is already challenges in motion which you could get involved in.

hmm, i understand but so long as it's not DOWNRIGHT racist, like having racist words in it say for instance.
you can make it a challenge for yourself, I didn't find a few of the older challenges that we had challenging, but I made it challenging for myself. that's there for beginners to take part as well as some challenges can be quite daunting for beginners. it's fine if it's not up your street, but you could still give it a go, there's another challenge topic of text effects. it could be quite good to see what people come up with.

It can be as easy or as hard as you want to make it! ;)

Back