What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create this line in photoshop.

Sayed Taqui

Hey this is my first question here , I m a web develeoper but I m not very much familar with photoshop.
One of my client want to have facebook and twitter enclosed into a line like this.
line.png

I know probably it can be created with brushes but I dont know how to do it.
the color the line should be #641113.

Any help
Thanks
Sayed Taqui.

Dalkarls

I asume it's the fading line you are trying to ashive? There are many ways of doing it but I will try to explain the way I would do it.
Draw a line with pencil tool. Add a "Layer mask" and with black set as forground color drag with "Gradient tool" on the "Layer mask". This will give a fading result. Hope it will help.

ibclare

Queen Bee
If you want the line to taper, you can set your brush tool to a degree of softness and size, then stroke your line with simulate pressure. Then ctl/cmd click the thumbnail and add the gradient.

The line will be fat in the middle and taper at each side, so you can cut this in half (I'd use the square marguee tool), then duplicate your result, transform (flip horizontal) and move to the other position. OR, use a radial gradient, cut in half and move the pieces.

If there is one way to do something in Photoshop, there are two ways or three ways, etc.!

Last edited:

Dalkarls

That option never hit me Spruce, you most likely right. It seams odd to make something like that into a image if it's gonna be a clickable header.

Sayed Taqui

Thanks a lot for the answers, I created a line with the line tool and then went to filter>blur>Motion Blur
and got exactly what I wanted.