What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gradient half tone help for screen printing

FollowedBySmoke

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, this is my first post. I'm pretty familiar with photoshop but I need help with something that I can't wrap my head around. I have a feeling there's a simple solution...I've watched a bunch of videos on half tones, and have look on various sites. Can't quite get it right though. Please help!

I am making an image to be screen printed. In the background theres a moon in a very dark sky. The moon is going to be white, with a greenish gradient glow (circle shaped) around it, fading into darkness in the rest of the sky. I have the gradient ready but I can't figure out what to do about making it a half tone so I can screen print it.

I suppose the specifics of my image aren't crucial. What I need to know is how to make a coloured half tone where it's essentially two colours on two separate layers that blend into each other. Should it be two half tone layers? Or is it better to have ONE of the two colours a half tone, while the other sits below and together they create the illusion of blending?

Any suggestions would be great!

FollowedBySmoke

P.S the white moon is negative space. The gradient is the green glow of the moon fading into black in the rest of the sky.