What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bathroom Photography/Photoshop

SolidBrowser

Hello everyone, I posted bathroom photos a while ago but now I think I need some more help because I think I reached the next level:question: Anyways I took these photos with a zoom lens on my Sony SLT. I want the photos to have the same colour temp and look pretty professional, what do you guys think?
For most of them I used the build in flash on my camera along with one of those flash diffusers that go on the shoe, I also used a tripod. (I also wish Sony had better shoes for the older Alpha's b/c I could not find a speed light) I also wish I had a grey card but........
View attachment 42860(f.16,o.4 exposure)
View attachment 42861(Photo Filter, Dodge/Burn, Saturation/Hue, Sharpen, Levels, Contrast/Brightness)

View attachment 42862(f. 11 and 1/8")
View attachment 42863(Cropped, match colour, sharpen, levels, etc...)

View attachment 428645.6 and 1/5
View attachment 42865

View attachment 42866(f5 and 1/8)

View attachment 42867

MikeMc

McGuru
I will give this one a shot....I get dizzy looking at this...A keystoned effect doesn't work, too many angles coming from the center out..I do like the tones, and I will quickly add that a Bathroom is a very hard room to shoot, and getting the crop and focal length are time consuming..II would crop the edges, I think if you remove a few of the lines, it will look much better...BUT thats MY take.....

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...hroom-photography-photoshop-before-temp-1.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Ditto what Mike said -- throwing in an occasional highly keystoned image is, IMHO, ok for variety, a bit of drama, etc., but having each and every one of your images plagued with this sort of distortion tells the viewer that you have no options.

My suggestion is to get yourself a rig for your tripod that will allow you to rotate your camera + lens system around the nodal point of the lens, level everything up perfectly, and then stitch together a few portrait oriented shots to make a very nice panoramic with no keystoning whatsoever.

Tom

PS - BTW, using only a single hot-shoe-mounted flash (even with a diffuser), I would have expected a huge gradient in light intensity between closer and further areas of each image, and I don't see this. I also would have expected to see some hot spots caused by specular reflections off of shiny objects, and don't see any of these, either. You mentioned that you did some burning and dodging. I have to assume this is how you took care of these problems, eh?

Distorsion can also help a bit. But here you'll lose some important parts in the left side of the picture.

Temp After 1Chris.jpg

DannyOlivier

Is there a specific photography breif for this from a client or just your own work? I think some more close up detail shots woud vary the set as a whole and would put trust in the overall quality by zoning in on the smaller features. I also agree with chris about cropping and straightening up the lines. The colour corrcetion/desat youve done I think looks good and makes the bathroom look cleaner and more bathroom like.