What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rat Logo

Whiskers on the rats face/nose area spoil it mate for me, other than that nice effort.

Yeah maybe have a couple of dots to say thats where the whiskers go to maybe?

Looks great!

Maybe.......crop the whiskers out of his face...remove the outer ring...fill in the head.
Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 7.45.33 AM.png

I just can't agree with these opinions. I love the whiskers. I don't like them crossing outside the circle, but I do prefer them staying on the surface of the face. They aren't a beard after all. I don't think they detract at all.

After reading your response Jess, should they come from just one side, I thought it would be worth a try. But to keep the balance, you'd probably need to move ratsy's head over. Anyway, I think it would b a wasted effort.

As for the outer ring, if you retain it, I suggest a different color. However, it probably is better to remove it altogether for simplicity and because you don't need the heavy line it creates opposite the line widths of the rat head.

One other observation. I don't like the gradient in the shadow outlines. Keep it b&w IMO. I think the gradient works OK in the grey ground, but might be better if the whole image/logo were B&W.

Overall, I like it. Let's see your next rendition.

Last edited:
Here's a thought. Using levels sliders, I changed everything to B&W (almost; I see the bottom of the circle is still grey). I moved the top whisker away from the face, down some. This brought the tip inside the circle. Maybe some of the others brought inside would improve the composition. Just a thought. Bringing that one down might involve changing the angle of the one below it, so that might be more involved than you want to get. It isn't a big thing the way I see it, but the perfectionist in me wants to manipulate it.

ratsy.png

I tried a couple adjustments. Oh, forgot to mention that I made the border thinner.

ratsy2.png

Last edited:
I like Chad's version with maybe a dot at the beginning of the whisker.
I like Clares B&W instead of the gray but what I really need is a meaner looking rat.

Although without squinting the eyes Rats don't look mean I think they're disgusting but they have a cute Mickey Mouse kind a look lol

I wasn't going for a mean looking rat, as I don't like the stereotype. They are cute and cuddly to me, so my logo should represent that. I only really like Clare's suggestions to be honest. I don't like removing the whiskers, doesn't look right to me, and the same goes for the whiskers going outside of the circle.

I only did the second border to be matchy with another forum I'm on, as it's gray and black and dark red, so that can easily be removed.

The original design works best IMO. agree that the whiskers need to start from inside looks weird on the image without them. This thread to me just shows how everyone has different opinions on how a final image should look , and the different variations so use what you think is best ! On the other hand rats just creep me out ! So im leaving this thread !.

Hahaha. I am a crazy rat lady so I love 'em! If you see fancy rats, they're not creepy - they don't look very similar to wild rats. They have pretty colorings and some have dumbo ears which make them look super adorable and non-threatening :p

Like this!:
019.JPG

But, I know, some people think even those look creepy. Weirdos!

Rats are pretty cool. I haven't handled many other than the ones I liberated at my sisters house! (She had snakes and a Caiman). She would buy brown and black rats to feed the reptiles. She claimed the snakes liked them better than the white ones. I would get attached to the little guys and set them free! In hindsight, freedom for a domestic rat may have been a more dire situation than facing the Pythons! In my mind they're still free, happy, and makin' babies!

Back