What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from CHAP International! New member! Logo help

chapinternational

Hi guys, I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

I work for a non profit organization called CHAP International. We serve in Liberia, West Africa supporting an orphanage and providing for the 65 beautiful kids there.

I am attempting to change our logo a slight bit:

CHAP LOGO.jpg

I would love to change the globe in the center of the logo to have Africa as the center:

africa-globe.jpg
Like in this pic above, But do not want to lose the color scheme of the above pic. Can anyone help out our organization, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for allowing me to use this platform!

Attachments

• CHAP LOGOtransparent1.png
    CHAP LOGOtransparent1.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 1
First of all, welcome! Second of all, do you know much about the gradient tool? I only did this very quickly so I would suggest you try it yourself and see how you get on.

africa-globe.jpg

To create the circle, you need to use the gradient tool (G) and select radial gradient. I sampled the colors required from the original image. Then you'll need to cut the outline of the continents in the 2nd image and fill them with the color desired (again sampled from the first image).

Apologies if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, just let me know if you have any questions and I'd be glad to help.

Awesome! Yes I am sorry I literally just started using Photoshop and do not know a whole lot so I am eager to learn. How would I go about taking that new globe and pasting it over the old one in the actual logo?

Well like I said, you probably won't want to use the one I did as it's very rough and was done quickly. Try and do it yourself first and see how you get on. If you haven't used Photoshop at all before there is a lot to cover in terms of the basics so it would be difficult to walk you through it on here. I would suggest that you look up some basic Photoshop tutorials either here or on YouTube to get yourself familiarized with the layout and navigation etc. Then if you have specific questions about tools or techniques it might be a little easier everyone to help you along the way.

Try using the circular marquee tool (m) or using Select - Color Range to only select the white parts. You can also zoom in to what you already have and clean it up with the eraser tool (e) and or brush (b).

Back