What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your computer ?

hershy314

Guru
Saw this on another forum so I thought I'd try it here. What kind of computer do you have? I'll start I have a HP Pavilion P7-1254 Desktop. Dual 19" monitors from AOC, and lots of other new stuff. Getting new ram, a ssd, and tv tuner. Got more specs but don't wanna bore ya'll. lol.
100_1459.JPG

I have a broken laptop

half the keyboard isn't working

the left mouse button of my mouse isnt working

it shuts down randomly on it's own about every 5 hourse

has heating problems

not fast enough to run a single game

can't use the liquify tool because it costs too much ram or something

case is cracked in several places

the battery only lasts 5 minutes because it broke

the power cable doesnt always connect propperly

some screws are missing

screen can't change brightness anymore

I just got my new setup last week. 3.4Ghz i7 3770, 16gb ram, GTX660, 2TB hdd, 23" Samsung. I wouldn't be bored with your specs :)

I just got my new setup last week. 3.4Ghz i7 3770, 16gb ram, GTX660, 2TB hdd, 23" Samsung. I wouldn't be bored with your specs :)

nice set up

my set up is mainly stock I've only upgraded the memory so far G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) I've over clocked the cpu, don't know to what....I'll try to find out here in a minute. 1tb hard drive plus a 500 gb external drive. Running a A6-3620 cpu and an AMD Radeon 3650D gpu combined....or what they call a apu. Tomorrow I'm getting a 128gb ssd for a boot drive. So I'll have 1.5tb for storage.

Sometimes, haven't lately cause of school. Most games I can play with the graphics maxed out such as GTA 4 and COD: Black Ops. Only game I have I can't play like that is Resident Evil 5.

Gaming was the main focus when I bought this computer

COD.... yeah.. i go fishing .. the only problem is i end up looking like Black Ops by the time i get back, All battered and wasted..

Mine's a Homebaked PC with an AMD phenom IIx2 3.1Ghz, 3GB DDR2 RAM, 160+1000gb hard drives, AMD Radeon HD4550 512MB, and Ubuntu 11.10, surprisingly it runs Photoshop CS5 smoother than the college computers do, and they are higher spec.
I hardly ever use it for gaming, my windows side died a death long ago, I use mostly for Photoshop, GIMP, and net surfing these days.
it's getting on a bit now, I think the motherboard's projected life expectancy now is 2 years got a few ounces of life left yet still :)

I don't bother with large amounts of RAM, etc etc, it's too overkill for what I want it to do, I don't do Real-time motion capture+rendering or anything, so It's kind of like having a Bugatti Veyron in the cities, a maximum speed of 267MpH and the maximum you can legally do on the city roads is 30MpH, My apologies if said comment offends in any way but I've never really seen the idea of it, feel free to clue me up.

I do Carry the extra HDD space though, the amount of storage I use is criminal.

Bog standard off the shelf job, home PC runs what i need without any real problems - happy shopper.

Mine's a Homebaked PC with an AMD phenom IIx2 3.1Ghz, 3GB DDR2 RAM, 160+1000gb hard drives, AMD Radeon HD4550 512MB, and Ubuntu 11.10, surprisingly it runs Photoshop CS5 smoother than the college computers do, and they are higher spec.
I hardly ever use it for gaming, my windows side died a death long ago, I use mostly for Photoshop, GIMP, and net surfing these days.
it's getting on a bit now, I think the motherboard's projected life expectancy now is 2 years got a few ounces of life left yet still :)

I don't bother with large amounts of RAM, etc etc, it's too overkill for what I want it to do, I don't do Real-time motion capture+rendering or anything, so It's kind of like having a Bugatti Veyron in the cities, a maximum speed of 267MpH and the maximum you can legally do on the city roads is 30MpH, My apologies if said comment offends in any way but I've never really seen the idea of it, feel free to clue me up.

I do Carry the extra HDD space though, the amount of storage I use is criminal.

Not a bad set up, for me it's always better to have more than enough ram and storage than you need. My ram is maxed out, my motherboard only supports up to 8gb.

I have a Ferrari and a Ducati monster, also did once own a Riviera 33 flybridge cruiser, all did the same thing only at different speeds.:mrgreen:

Tis my new one all complete!

decluttered the desk in photoshop, it's normally not messy.
DSC_0010_new.jpg

Spec: hoog, you're gonna kill me...

MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-UD3 rev 3.0
CPU: AMD FX 6300
RAM: 8gb 1600MHz DDR3
GPU: XFX DD Radeon HD7850 2GB
PSU: XFX Core Edition 550w
Case: Zalman Z11
Audio: ASTRO A40 2013 edition with 7.1 Mixamp Pro
Monitor: 32" Toshiba [insert odd name here]

The graphic card was on sale for £70, I wasn't about to say no.

it was built for gaming, but it works well enough with 3ds and Mudbox.

it's loud and hot, but loud's how i like it and it saves on the heating bill!

New Computer

AMDTOSHIBA Satellite C75D-A7130 Notebook
A-Series A6-5200 (2.00GHz)
6GB Memory expandable to 16gb (been thinking about it)
750GB HDD
AMD Radeon HD 8400 Graphics
Windows 8.1
17 inch monitor

I got this one a few months ago, seems to suit me fine :)

Intel Core i5 CPU @ 320Ghz
Nvidea GTX760 2GB Overclocked
8GB Ram
2x 1TB Drives (1 internal, & 1 External)
Case is a LG Raidmax

& I do a lot of gaming, more than I should, lol. Mostly GW2

Built my new system last week:

i7 4770k (overclocked to 4.6ghz)
Teamgroup Extreme 16gb ram (2400mhz)
Nvidia GTX 780 Hercules iChill
Asus Maximus Hero VI ROG
EVGA Supernova G2 850w

20140325_202138.jpg

Back