+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Adding Photo-Realistic Lighting Flares/effects to 3D rendering...

I'm open to suggestions as I'm playing with lighting effects for "rustic" style bulbs and getting a photorealistic post-production flare effect... Any one have good resources for producing this?The first image is a render 400 passes with post pro adding some lighting... the second is the same image no post-pro... Third is an example of what I'm talking about...Thanks!BradleyAdding Photo-Realistic Lighting Flares/effects to 3D rendering...-testsave450pass12hrspp-testlighting.jpgAdding Photo-Realistic Lighting Flares/effects to 3D rendering...-testsave450pass12hrspp-raw.jpgAdding Photo-Realistic Lighting Flares/effects to 3D rendering...-examplelightflare-rn74.jpg

Thanks

Re: Adding Photo-Realistic Lighting Flares/effects to 3D rendering...

Is it going to be a still frame or a moving clip? If its a still frame you could get away with painting watever flare effects that you might like. First issue that i see with the first image is that every light bulb has the same sort of halo/flare effect applied on it. Also when i look at the reference image thats posted i see more of a soft glow/halo than a flare. So may be adding that might get you closer to that look more than the flare itself.

Thanks

Re: Adding Photo-Realistic Lighting Flares/effects to 3D rendering...

Optical flares does it