What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RENDEROSITY'S Holiday Contest 2013

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
File6571.jpg

It's that most wonderful time of the year, .... again,,

HUMBUG....

Get a head start on the celebrations by taking part in Renderosity's Holiday Contest 2013. Open to all arists - Photoshop Enthusiasts, 3D Artists , Photographers, Animators and Writers. Here's a chance fill your stockings with wondrous gifts from BIG sponsors - EPSON, WACOM, COREL, Filter Forge and many others,

Categories are open in 2D(Photoshop) , 3D , Animation , Photography and Writing.

This year's THEME .... GIFT WRAP THIS!

For more info, drop by the site's category contest page:-

Click Here for 2D

Click Here for 3D

Click Here for Animation

Click Here for Photography

Click Here for Writing

Here are some important dates regarding the contest:

Contest entries open: Wednesday, November 20th

Contest entries close: Wednesday, December 18th

Community voting begins: Thursday, December 19th

Winners announced: Friday, January 3rd

HAVE A GO FOR IT, GUYS.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Here's last year's winner in the 2D category:-

image_33579.jpg

Created by Noushka ....

"When every one is sleeping magic things will happen in this time. Here you can see it is true. That dancing candles shows you what happend to your christmastree at holly night.
The complete image is a composing of a lot of different photos using the manipulation tools of photoshop. Only photoshop and photographys where used. I was working about 10 hours i think, can be a little bit more i don't know exactly".

Think you can create something that good?

I'm sure you guys can.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
No trashing of other site members , now..... :)

You be the judge.... with the amount of work appearing here from our mainstays, don't you think they have a good chance?

:naughty:

iDad

Guru
Not trashing that job, it's pretty good actually but for renderosity site I would of expected far more intricate work. I think a lot here have a chance to win.

iDad

Guru
Could be! Are you going to try?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Would you believe... I've been a member there for years and I never had time for these holiday contests. Holidays are my most busyist times of the year. By the time work is done for the season, contest's over. The only one's I get to join are the RENDO design the site logo/banner/splash contests. But that's like once every 4 years the last was in 2011ish. My design for the Photoshop Forum Section banner 2003 edition won most honourable mention.

Let's see.....

iDad

Guru
Yeah I know your there I joined years ago too but forget my login name and password lol I had a different email so I can't get info mailed to me anymore

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Like that last one I announced for Halloween. Did preliminary work but never got to finish it.... lol.

Sigh.. maybe I'll just post it here when I get the chance to finish it ... then again maybe I can use it for next year.... dang, that would be maybe the 4th Halloween contest image I never got to finish.... lol.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Yeah I know your there I joined years ago too but forget my login name and password lol I had a different email so I can't get info mailed to me anymore

create a new one then... and take the contest by storm with a Santa on a open top Mustang image.... with a 9 cylinder engine... the 9th one with blazing hot piston head rudolph style.... lol..

iDad

Guru
To many projects going there bud, stop and enjoy the ride a bit, life can wait a bit :rolleyes: