What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could anybody give me an idea on how to create a picture with this effect?

debonnet

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1380166_595233077200832_1637009141_n.jpg
    1380166_595233077200832_1637009141_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 55
The different body effect?

I believe it was taken with something like an iphone directly under a light while covered in oil, which is what I hear people who love themselves do. Compensating for a lack of personality IMHO.

Last edited:
what do you mean lack of personality he is ****ing shredded as ****

What??? Thank the gods we have an auto censor.

MY opinion is if you want to create a technically awful picture, start as Spruce says with a low res cell phone shot. Make it sepia tone or in PS, select and sepia the guy, then add a bunch of noise and blur, especially to the face and background. You can take a good photo and mess it up using these same methods.

But honestly, what do you find attractive about this?

To add to Clare's comments, these days, there are a million ways to muck up a photo by pressing a button or two in Instagram or some other "effects" program. BFD. So what. The novelty appeal of such "looks" will fade with time in most cases.

In contrast, there are many, many fewer ways to take a good photo and have it get all the way to the viewer in that condition.

T

PS - Note, among the users of such efx, there will be artists who consistently use a particular look to make a political, environmental, etc. statement in a visual way. For example, if this was one image in a series of 10 other guys like this, all taken in dingy surroundings and all mucked up in the same way, I would have a good sense that the artist wasn't just taken by the novelty factor. I would start to wonder if perhaps the artist was trying to enhance the dingy, self-absorbed look or perhaps some other look.

PPS - Just for yucks, here is an image that you, the OP, have never seen before, have no connection with, and couldn't have ever previously seen exact look . This image started life as an ordinary baby shot -- nice, well lit, superbly well color corrected, etc. Then, for this thread, I had my way with it.

Do the efx I applied mean anything to you emotionally, or are they just a wowie-zowie novelty? How do you think the grandparents would react to the efx? What about if you showed it to 10 random people on the street. Think about this. BTW, it took me less than a minute or two to radically transform the starting image into what you see - just button presses, hardly any thought was required.

Crazy_efx_applied_to_conventional_baby_picture.jpg

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” Socrates

Thanks for the responses

My favourite quote from Socrates is "Beauty is a short-lived tyranny."

Nothing wrong with keeping fit, but when you start forcing your muscles to over develop like that, it starts putting unnecessary strain on the heart. So I would like to believe that Socrates was talking about inner strength, ie the pen is mightier than the sword, and considering Socrates didn't write anything, there is a good chance this has been paraphrased or miss interpreted.

Did you know one of the reasons Socrates was put to death was he tried getting people to think freely and come up with their own opinions. Can you tell me why body-builders always quote something that was said thousands of years ago, instead of looking at medical research, and coming up with you own theory on why you should or shouldn't do it. Funny how your doing the exact opposite of what he died for.

Here's another for you, “Through your rags I see your vanity.”

Looking like that would not mean he has a personality, especially it's it's his only talking point. He doesn't exactly look like the kind of person who would have a conversation about not having to look into outer-space to examine particles that were present in 'the big bang'.

Last edited:
PPS - Just for yucks, here is an image that you, the OP, have never seen before, have no connection with, and couldn't have ever previously seen exact look . This image started life as an ordinary baby shot -- nice, well lit, superbly well color corrected, etc. Then, for this thread, I had my way with it.

A couple more steps and you could have really wrecked it Tom. :rofl: Grampa's gotta be wondering . . . plus, you'll never get hired again.

Why are you being so superficial? The guy you are looking at is a 100% natural bodybuilder, and he only uses calisthenics workouts, what means that he only uses he body-weight to do excercises (push-ups, pull-ups, etc).

An saying that bodybuilders have nothing to talk about as also completely retarded, you don't know them you never heard them talk, it's only your perception of bodybuilders that society and your family put into you.
Please a Kyle Green interview he is the biggest bodybuilder of this time, and he has something to say.

And most important about being fit is not only to look good, feel strong, feel good, have confidence, but it also helps against disease, depression and is very good for the heart inspite if what you say.

I would never take steroids and would never tell anyone to do steroids. But saying that to be in shape is bad and for stupid people is completely wrong.

"A strong body makes the mind strong" Thomas jefferson

Now your presuming I've never spoke to the bodybuilders that go to the gym next door to work, and the conclusion I came up with is that every single one of them seem self righteous dumb idiots. In my last post I totally agreed with the benefits of keeping fit, and expressed the view that over doing it, had a negative affect on the heart.

"Natural bodybuilding can be a risk to your cardiac health, because of the intensity of the sport. According to a study published in "Cardiology" in 2006, lifting more than half your body weight could put your heart in jeopardy. The study connects heavy lifting to the risk of tearing your aorta, the large valve through which blood exits the heart. In the findings, 10 out of 31 individuals who experienced a torn aorta from heavy lifting died." by Laura Niedziocha

Again, my opinions are based on reading the facts and my life experience. You shouldn't judge people on your own standards, still spouting the words of other people, and taking them to be gospel. I can come up with 3 times the quotes you can conflicting what your views are, all day if you want.

Mr Jefferson, who was a very clever man, was fit and healthy, but in now way was he a bodybuilder. He obviously considered the long term affects it would have on his heart.

jefferson_statue.jpg

I wonder if you can quote a bodybuilder that is using his own words, instead of quoting dead people who didn't even bodybuild themselves.

OK, let's this discussion back on track. One more comment on the pros and cons of bodybuilding and what side you come down on the issue, and I will delete all the related posts.

Can the off-topic please before Queen Bee gets imperiously pissed.

Back