What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perfect Effects 8 for FREE

ibclare

Queen Bee
What kind of effects; enough to enjoy the download? There isn't much information there. Do you think the $99/free version is better? I hate to get on mailing lists!

hawkeye

Guru
I downloaded it and tried it. It looked interesting but after a few minutes it locked up and everything else on the computer locked up too. It took me the better part of an hour to get straight so then I uninstalled it. I have a quad core with 12 gbs of ram, 64 bit Windows 7 with a GTX 570 video card, so it wasn't from lack of power. But who knows it might never have happened again, computers are weird sometimes.

iDad

Guru
I downloaded it and tried it. It looked interesting but after a few minutes it locked up and everything else on the computer locked up too. It took me the better part of an hour to get straight so then I uninstalled it. I have a quad core with 12 gbs of ram, 64 bit Windows 7 with a GTX 570 video card, so it wasn't from lack of power. But who knows it might never have happened again, computers are weird sometimes.

You just made my decision, I'll pass

Tom Mann

Guru
FWIW, I've been using it (in various versions) for probably 4 years and never had a problem. That being said, it's probably in third place for me, behind the Topaz & NIK suites ... Except for the Genuine Fractals module, which I really like.

T

hawkeye

Guru
FWIW, I've been using it (in various versions) for probably 4 years and never had a problem. That being said, it's probably in third place for me, behind the Topaz & NIK suites ... Except for the Genuine Fractals module, which I really like.

T

I don't doubt that a bit Tom. Like I said it may have never happened again, as we all know things on computers just "happen" now and then for no obvious reason. From what I did see while it worked, it wasn't anything you couldn't set up with an action for the most part.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Sorry for the malfunction. I've checked with the guys at Creative Blog where we received the subscription link to that site last year and who downloaded and installed the application. All reported that it ran smoothly.

I'll try mine a bit later when I'm done doing work.....

inkpad.t

Guru
Downloaded and tried it out, right from the start it was sluggish, kept freezing, uninstalled it and tried it again, got same results, didn't find it that impressive compared to Topaz which i have, now uninstalled.