Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Logo Needed for Small Business!

• What type of work is needed? Logo Design.
    • What is your budget? ~$50
    • Description (below):

Logo design is for a dog behaviorist. She is a pit bull lover and has two pits of her own. The name of her business is "(Her Name) World of Dogs", so we'd like a pit bull in the foreground with a globe/earth behind it in the background. She was a University of Alabama graduate (she loves the color crimson, anyway), so I'm thinking the oceans can be white, the pit bull can be gray, and the continents can be crimson. I'd also be open to see a version where the pit bull is crimson and the continents are gray. I'll probably prefer the former to the latter, but I'd still be interested in seeing it if it's not too much trouble.
    Here is a link to what I put together with a couple of Google images and MS Paint:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...lhwod_logo.png

Hopefully that visual will give y'all a better idea of what I'm looking for. I'm open to some added creativity, though. When done, would like to put the title of her business circling the logo. However, I'd rather provide that information privately considering her name is included in the name of the business. I hope that's OK?

• Deadline: ~1 Week

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Logo Needed for Small Business!

Do you by chance have a picture of one of her dogs that you'd like us to use, rather than looking on the web for some anonymous pit?

Is this going in the direction that you want?

Logo Needed for Small Business!-globe2.jpg Logo Needed for Small Business!-globe.jpg
    Last edited by ibclare; 10-27-2012 at 04:04 AM.
    Photoshop Gurus Site Rules

3 Ps of PS: perseverance, patience, & play!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds good...

I will work on some designs today for you. Could you please PM me her name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's a design for you...

Slightly different with the colours, just seeing what really works. But this is just the WIP version, anything can be changed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Logo Needed for Small Business!-pitlogodesignv1.png  

5. Likes Evil Nemesis, Paul, ibclare, maravixa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys!

Terrific work so far.

Here is a pic of her current pit:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hQB7/trump.jpg

He's obviously all white, though. I suppose if y'all wanted to make a logo of him, you could make the oceans gray and the continents crimson in the background to compensate for him being white?

By the way, couple of suggestions so far:
    @ibclare: I'd prefer it if the dog were more cartoonish in appearance for simplicity's sake. We'll be using this logo on T-shirts and the mobile site, so I think a simplified logo would look better when shrunk down. I'd be worried that a logo with too much detail (by that I mean too much detail with respect to the dog's facial features) might look weird if shrunk down. Additionally, I think simplified gives a cleaner, more professional look. Oh, and maybe it's just my Mac, but the continents look more red than crimson.

@Inkz: I love the logo thus far. That is the kind of look I'm looking for in terms of the dog. I also like how you put that border around the globe. As far as suggestions go, you can definitely take out the halo. I'd like to see the ocean be a white or grayish-white (meaning more white than gray, though a grayish tint would be acceptable since it'd complement the dog's coat) and the continents crimson. To make the continents more visible, you might have to reorient the positioning of the globe in the background to perhaps make Africa or South America more visible. The other possibility is to slightly shrink the head of the pit in order to make the continents more visible (that being said, I think the dog size is perfect, but you do what you gotta do - you know how to make it look good!).

Excellent work again, guys.
    Last edited by BlazerFalcon; 10-27-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerFalcon View Post
    Hey guys!

Terrific work so far.

Here is a pic of her current pit:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hQB7/trump.jpg

He's obviously all white, though. I suppose if y'all wanted to make a logo of him, you could make the oceans gray and the continents crimson in the background to compensate for him being white?

By the way, couple of suggestions so far:
    @ibclare: I'd prefer it if the dog were more cartoonish in appearance for simplicity's sake. We'll be using this logo on T-shirts and the mobile site, so I think a simplified logo would look better when shrunk down. I'd be worried that a logo with too much detail (by that I mean too much detail with respect to the dog's facial features) might look weird if shrunk down. Additionally, I think simplified gives a cleaner, more professional look. Oh, and maybe it's just my Mac, but the continents look more red than crimson.

@Inkz: I love the logo thus far. That is the kind of look I'm looking for in terms of the dog. I also like how you put that border around the globe. As far as suggestions go, I'd like to see the ocean be a white or grayish-white (meaning more white than gray, though a grayish tint would be acceptable since it'd complement the dog's coat) and the continents crimson. To make the continents more visible, you might have to reorient the positioning of the globe in the background to perhaps make Africa or South America more visible. The other possibility is to slightly shrink the head of the pit in order to make the continents more visible.

Excellent work again, guys.
    Thanks for the feeback..

I will make the changes as you asked and post in an updated version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Working on something for this as we speak, will post later

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JnthnMtthws View Post
    Working on something for this as we speak, will post later
    Can't wait to see it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Inkz, that's really nicely done.

I made a few changes, and guys, I really didn't steal the circular border idea from Inkz! It was almost a given that there would be one. Anyway, here's another design from me.

I can add more detail to the dog if you'd like but I tried to work with the picture you gave me, shich was really small so, details like the eyes just disappeared. If you have a larger or higher resolution photo . . .

Logo Needed for Small Business!-globe3.jpg
    Last edited by ibclare; 10-27-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Photoshop Gurus Site Rules

3 Ps of PS: perseverance, patience, & play!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is a v2 design with all elements you asked for. I think the similarity between the dog in the logo and Trump is the best I can get it lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Logo Needed for Small Business!-pitv2w.png  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast