What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webdesign paying up to 600$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solrik

Banned
First of all, just because Inkz is a mod here doesn't mean he will be getting preferential treatment, on the other hand PSG is a "dating service" for client and artist.
A deal gone bad has no reflection on us, the arrangement is strictly between the 2 parties.

PSG collects no commission or compensation, we just supply a place for parties to meet.
Also, we at PSG will do our best to help the parties work things out, and we've been trying with both parties for the last few weeks.
I'll contact Inkz again and find out what's going on.

Since "I" don't have a clear idea of the situation I'm sure the general members don't either, so talk of banning it premature.

Let me ask you this then. You're a neutral point of view; In all fairness, when I told him our deadline was 10th of december, he had 2 month to work on this, he said he would be done in time. He didn't. Isn't it in it's place to recieve a partial or full refund? The service was not delivered. He sent me a screenshot yes, but regardless of the screenshot; the product was not finished.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Let me ask you this then. You're a neutral point of view; In all fairness, when I told him our deadline was 10th of december, he had 2 month to work on this, he said he would be done in time. He didn't. Isn't it in it's place to recieve a partial or full refund? The service was not delivered. He sent me a screenshot yes, but regardless of the screenshot; the product was not finished.
If it's exactly as you say then yes, you have a right to some compensation, an amount you and Inkz agree on.

All we can do here at PSG is talk to both parties and urge them to discuss a fair arrangement.
Also if either party in "any" freelance arrangement is being dishonest or is cheating another member they could be banned, but right now it's a "he said", he said" issue for the staff.

I will go as far as setting up a private conference section for you, Inkz, the moderators, and the administrators to discuss this, no other members involved.

Steve

Retired Administrator
It's late here on the east coast USA and I'm on the road.
Hopefully in the next 24 hours I'll set something up and get a response from Inkz from the PM I sent him.

iDad

Guru
Steve,
I will assume that you speak of banning being premature from what I stated.I am only stating what I make of the guidelines
Freelancer guidelines . I do realize the word "may" can come into play many ways. I think the time involved and taking the clients word (after all he's the one that shelled out the money, why would he lie) has exceeded reasonable expectations.
#41◦Failure to complete jobs and failure to communicate with the client may result in a disabling of your account or ability to post in this forum section.
Just stating the obvious, premature is not what I would call it by the reading of the client situation. Sometimes a quick stance is necessary in the business world like it or not. I've said my peace I leave it alone.

Steve

Retired Administrator
From Joe Client:
Hi my name is Joe Client and I hired iDad to do a job for me for.
I paid half up front and I never received the work.

Response from iDad:
The work for Joe was completed as per our agreement and then he completely changed the requirements and design.
He also said he wasn't going to pay the full amount we discussed.

Possible???

I'm not suggesting for a second anything like that happened, I don't know what happened because I haven't talked to Inkz yet.
I've been on the road for 3 days and just got home.

I'll deal with this tonight or tomorrow, as soon as I possibly can.
Steve

iDad

Guru
I'm glad it's your job and not mine:mrgreen: good luck!

Solrik

Banned
Update; Hoogle has officialy taken over the job. He has promised to deliver the design I want in a short period of time. About Inkz, that is still processing.

Paul

Former Member
As inkz been in contact with you solrik?

Solrik

Banned
I get a few PMs about Inkz been in contact with me. The answer is NO, he haven't said a word to me yet. I will post here with updates if anything change.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Just to update everyone on this project....

As everyone knows , Hoogle volunteered to take over this project and since the first week of January was in touch with the OP via Skype where communication and the design process took place .

As witness to everything that transpired from day 1 .....

Hoogle complied and did everything to the best of his abilities and to the OP's exact specifications using input, images and samples supplied by the client. As the work progressed, all WIP designs were submitted without delay or immediately on the spot with whatever modifications were requested.

All that while, the client was impressed with how the initial design was coming along and gave his approval to continue on.

Despite sustaining injuries in an accident in the last week of January, Hoogle managed to finish the design and the FINAL ART files were eventually delivered to the client on 26st January.

Since then, nothing has been heard from the client - no feedback, review nor a thank you.

It should also be noted for the record, that in my follow up conversation with solrik a week after the files were delivered, he expressed his intent of discontinuing Hoogle's service on the grounds that it was difficult to explain to someone how he wanted the design to be and that he'd prefer doing it himself.

He has yet to reply to my succeeding messages of that conversation as well as the most recent message I posted to him yesterday.

Hoogle and I assume the worst for this.... Either he's not satisfied with what was designed for him or he got what he wanted and ran off.

When I say not satisfied, its because he's still undecided on how his page should look like and changed his mind without the courtesy of informing us.

In lieu of these events, I consider this issue closed - that we put this behind us and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.