What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Drops & Rain on Window Effect in Photoshop

Good info! This isn't a time sensitive project, it's just for fun for I'll play around with it for a bit. If you can find that video Gaussian, excellent otherwise it's just a matter of trial and error. :)

iDads example looks awesome but im not seeing the same type of effect in his image, i can still see the background in the window.... The image you show looks like water is dripping down a window and the key here is with no background showing in the window.

iDads example looks good if you was going for something looking in a window from outside but what you show is something totally different with two having different perspective effects.. Your image is like looking inside where a man is standing behind a rainy window where as iDads example is vice versa..

And yes i know i can get nit picky, its all part of being obsessive compulsive and being a perfectionist LOL!!

Gaus, get your searchers on, i want to see this tut!!

Good resources guys :)

I changed the title of the thread to something more relevant for easier searching.

Good idea G man!

Glad we could help!! Since i have been a member here (which isn't long), i have watched this community grow and everybody i have met is always more than willing to help..

Imho, that is what makes a forum or community great!! So big up's^ to the Ps Guru Crew :yourock:

If i might make one suggestion tho, using that type of technique is going to leave you in desire for a more realistic look if your wanting to replicate the photo you showed, while that type of technique would be good for something that looks digitalized or generated im not sure how good it will look while trying to achieve a "realistic" effect...

I guess it all depends on what your trying to do, anyways, i have spent enough time rambling in this thread so on that note, keep us updated on your progress and i certainly want to see the results!!

PS. Welcome to the board!!! :p

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo after all that, i wanted to see how it would look if I just removed the artist's face, add the new face, and use the water brush to make up for any lost effects....I used the magic lasso tool and it deleted JUST the artist's face. So long story short, if you want to remove a background image, start with the basics like the magic lasso hahahahahaha. Thanks again to everyone's input! At least I know where to come to from now on.

send to me if you want help seeing the image could do wonders.no worriers I will not put it on web if you prefer not to

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Maybe not a 100% believable but realistic water is achievable just using filters and effects. I first chose a splatterbrush and made it huge. Clicked once. Changed Fill to 0%. Then went to bevel and emboss layers and started playing with effects. I made like 4 layers all with different hardness and softness and merged them together. I made a mask of my brush stroke, applied it to this layer, duplicated it, and applied a couple different filters just playing around. I used Filter - Glass and ocean ripple and sharpened the "water" layer. Almost forgot, the liquify filter too. My fav filter :)

Last edited:
One more thing I might add, I've used this same technique for adding blood to photo's. It's a good zombifying (I know that's not a word lol) technique.

iDad, i'll post it up here once done, don't worry lol. It may take a day or two since I have other engagements and what not. Tricky500, that's what i plan on doing after i try this latest technique. Just play around with stuff. I know this is a photoshop forum but do you guys support other applications in the suite?

We support but I for one do not frequent other apps. I play with Illustrator now and again as I'm sure a couple others do but outside of that I'm not sure there's a strong knowledge base around.

Back