What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can i not save next file to norma JPEG or PNG?????

Windows7

Power User
Hey guys,

It's weird BUT.. i just played around with "curves" and stuff.. and then tried to save it as an normal "JPEG" so NOT "JPEG 2000" or something.. BUT i just can't save it as a normal JPEG and when i try to save it as a "jpeg 2000" then it asks me about settings and stuff which i don't know anything about it but i just clicked and then looked to the saved file but it's a weird file not an image.. .

Here's a printscreen:

Kron.jpg

So what is the reason do you think i can't save it as a normal jpeg?

Thank you, :)

SeniorS

Guru
You can't save layers with JPEG that's all. Flattern image and save.

P.S. Wait a minute? You joking? Just curves??? JPEG not support LAB color mode so you change pretty much. If you want JPEG then change color mode to RGB or CMYK or GREY.

Last edited:

Windows7

Power User
You can't save layers with JPEG that's all. Flattern image and save.

P.S. Wait a minute? You joking? Just curves??? JPEG not support LAB color mode so you change pretty much. If you want JPEG then change color mode to RGB or CMYK or GREY.

Yes man that is/was the problem i think.. i changed the color mode to "LAB" to pop up the colors.. .

Thank you very much!

Btw:.. the problem isn't solved because when i change mode to lab and mess around with curves.. and i swith back mode to rgb.. then the effects are gone too.. so as the pop up of the colors too.. so my problem isn't solved!? :s

Last edited:

Windows7

Power User
Flattern image before color mode coversation.

No man that don't work.. because i flatternd the image and then switched to "LAB" and changed colors BUT when i switched back to RGB then everything was back gone!

SeniorS

Guru
Look at Layers pallete before changing back to RGB. Make sure there isn't ANY adjustment layers. You can leave layers and masks but need to "apply" adjustment layers before EVERY mode change.

Windows7

Power User
Look at Layers pallete before changing back to RGB. Make sure there isn't ANY adjustment layers. You can leave layers and masks but need to "apply" adjustment layers before EVERY mode change.

And how do i "apply" adjustment layers????

SeniorS

Guru
By putting adjustment above layer on which it have to work and Mege Down.

Windows7

Power User
By putting adjustment above layer on which it have to work and Mege Down.

Yes that worked man THANK YOU!!!!!

I just MERGED DOWN EVERYTHING.. then i switched back from "LAB" to "RGB" and then i could save it as a normal JPEG!!!!

THANK YOU EVERYBODY HERE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!(Senior S)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
GLAD TO SEE IT WORKED OUT.....

But to put it simply.... you can not save a layered LAB mode image with adjustment layers as a jpeg .... THROUGH NORMAL MEANS ( eg. SAVE AS .... JPG)

BUT...

Use SAVE FOR WEB AND DEVICES.

It will save as a jpg and will not affect your LAB mode file. No merging.... no conversion needed.

Last edited:

Windows7

Power User

But to put it simply.... you can not save a layered LAB mode image with adjustment layers as a jpeg .... THROUGH NORMAL MEANS ( eg. SAVE AS .... JPG)

BUT...

It will save as a jpg and will not affect your LAB mode file. No merging.... no conversion needed.

Ok man..

110417 GiveThanks.PJ.gif

SeniorS

Guru
Very intrestring i will remember it. Never used it (except for gifs). My excuse is that that thing saves and don't show saved-converted image. Ussualy there is need for additional adjusments afer colormode conversation especialy when it relate to RGB->CMYK->RGB (my stuff).

iDad

Guru
nope not wrong thread ;)

Windows7

Power User

I tried it and that is the easiest way man THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!Just save it as "web and devices"

I appreciate your very helpful solution!

:)

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Very intrestring i will remember it. Never used it (except for gifs). My excuse is that that thing saves and don't show saved-converted image. Ussualy there is need for additional adjusments afer colormode conversation especialy when it relate to RGB->CMYK->RGB (my stuff).

That is true, SeniorS. Color Labs have to do additional adjustments. Tho I am curious whether my advice would have a positive effect or reduce the amount of effort you do in your line of work. Can you share with us what it does for you when you get to try it?

It's not only for gifs. Its compression output is greatly maximized for the web and automatically converts ALL color modes to RGB.

On the other hand, it allows you to save an image for display on virtually every cell phone except the iPhone. (I dunno about CS5.... iDad, watchasay?)

Hence the name... Save for WEB & DEVICES..........

Last edited: