What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making a new selection area the same colour tone as a another specified area.

Luzarin

Well, I guess I couldn't really put my message across succinctly in the title..

Guess a picture speaks a thousand words :thumbsup:

pddhe1.PNG

Notice that there are some purplish areas on the person's jacket. I wanted to make the purplish areas the exact green colour tone as the rest of her jacket.

Would that be possible ?

thanks in advance :mrgreen:

LRG

select the mentioned area with the quick selection tool or use the magic wand tool. try to find a good adjustment to cover the purple as perfectly as possible. after completing the selection rght click on it and copy it to a new layer. place the new layer (containing just the purple part) over the original one on the layer palette. go to layer menu->new adjustment layer and apply a color balance adjustment layer. checkbox saying "use it to the previous layer" or sth like that should be selected. now try to achive the color you want by adjusting the color components.

repeat the hole process to the other areas you want to change.

DullJack

Image->adjustments->replace color

Turn your fuzziness up and eyedropper the purple part, play with the hue. Mess with your settings a little, maybe fuzziness down a little and eyedrop+ a couple more spots of purple, and you should get something that looks right on. Took under a minute to make the stripe and glob of purple near her hair look like they were green all along.