What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marquee problem

akoz

I'm new to photoshop and I'm having problems with the marquee tool. Instead of the marquee selecting only one pixel at a time, the tool will select the pixel and a little bit of one of the surrounding pixels. I want everything to align perfectly with the grid, but I can't seem to fix the problem. I think it was all working fine until I accidentally rotated the whole layer with my mouse- I am using a macbook and the mouse does that sometimes.... Anybody know how to fix this? I need to get this resolved quickly, because I'm on a deadline... Thanks!

Furio

I can't replicate the problem that you're having, even after rotating the layer everything stays just the same.

Try the following to see if that helps:

Attachments

• reset.jpg
    reset.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10

Furio

And if that doesn't work, try resetting your preference file.

In Windows you do this by quickly holding the Shift+Ctrl+Alt buttons all at the same time immediately(!) after you click on the Photoshop shortcut to start Photoshop (if you're on a Mac, use this instead: Command+Option+Shift). A new window will pop up asking "Delete The Adobe Photoshop Settings File?".

Answer with yes.