What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I remove a blurred chain link fence from a photograph?

Kimberly Roush

I hope I'm doing this right! I thought this image would be a good topic to post on the forum. I'm pretty familiar with Photoshop, (I can do basic editing with clone tool, etc...) I was wondering if there was an easy way to remove the blurred fence from this photograph. I was shooting with my 80-200m to get this shot as I didn't want to disturb the ballgame, (and make the team nervous with my huge camera and all, it was their championship tournament) So, I got this shot and love it, other than the diamond texture.. lol Is there a way to fix this quickly? What would be the best way?

Pike County .jpg

the fence is only showing in the sky, so if you color select the sky, and duplicate the image layer, then apply the selection to a mask, you should be able to quickly remove it with the healing brush.

you should also blur the sky image afterwards so it looks more even, just make sure the mask is unlinked when you do that.

Back