What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding color to only a particular area of the background.

Luzarin

I want to only color the top 1/4 of the page , but I have trouble selecting and coloring it.

I tried using pen tool and selecting the top 1/4 of the page > making a selection > use paint bucket tool to color the selection. But nothing happens.

Any help will be appreciated =D

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Try using a gradient, select the gradient tool and set one end of the scale to what ever colour you want and the other end of the scale to nothing. Also depending on how you are trying to colour it, select the area you want to colour with the marquee tool then hold the Ctrl key down and press J. Now use your paint bucket to fill that area.

Sometimes what I do is I use the Magnetic Lasso or Quick selection and if the paint bucket doesn't work, I just take a really big brush to it.

Kind of a jerry-rig sort of thing, but it works!