What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a Logo Design

Soccersac

Ok so I'm pretty new to Photoshop. Meaning I have a very (stress very) basic understanding of what some (like 5) of the buttons do. Anyway my robotics team and I were coming up with idea's for a t-shirt design and we all agreed on a sonic the hedgehog theme. The problem is none of us have any Idea how to do it. We basically want to take the Sonic Riders Logo (image below) and make it say FPD Robotics on it. Where the Yellow Sonic font would be the "FPD" part. and the Riders part below it would be the word Robotics.

I apologize if this is a little to broad of a topic to discuss in the help section seeing as most of this sub-forum is specific questions but I have no idea where to start to tackle this project. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sonic-riders-logo.jpg

ChrisHPZ

Power User
Hi Soccersac, I looked at the graphic and this can be done quite easily with Photoshop's Layer Style effects. The link below will go into more detail about each layer style, and I recommend you read through each effect while applying each effect to some text on your own. The two layer style's I see most prevalent here are the Stroke and Gradient effects. Also, I found a link where you can download the Sonic font. So I did and used it in the image below. Total time it took for this was about 20 odd minutes so it's not entirely difficult to do. And all I used were the Gradient Overlay and Stroke effects from the layer style effects.

http://www.tutorial9.net/tutorials/photoshop-tutorials/layer-styles-in-photoshop/
http://sonicenterprises.150m.com/sonicfonts.html

Attachments

• FPD-Robotics.jpg
    FPD-Robotics.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Soccersac

Thanks Chris! It really helped. After about 30 minutes of messing around with the gradient and stroke options I came up with this
imageshack.us/a/img72/5903/fpdriderswipforum.jpg
I also cut out the R and applied a couple of strokes around it to make it look right. My problem now is that want to find the font that the bottom row of words is in.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
Glad that layer style's tutorial was useful. Something's not right with the URL you provided, it takes me to Yahoo. Now I'm not sure about the R in Sonic Riders, but the other letters use the font that I provided a link for in my last post. Post your new image up here and we'll see what we can come up with.

Soccersac

R for Robot.jpg

I cut out the R separtally added a brown and white stroke to it to make it look right. I haven't started on the bottom row other than the R.

Attachments

• Sonic FPD Take 2.jpg
    Sonic FPD Take 2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 11