Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Creating from scratch! !!

Hello guyz, firs post!
    Yeah so I was wondering how to create this image?

-image_1356517394287311-jpgI want to apply these effects to this
    -407793_564246503604789_1359140766_n-jpg I had a challenge with a friend and LOL IDK how to do it
    any help will be more than appreciated.. : )
    thanks in advance..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Re: Creating from scratch! !!

Not the only way to do it but i used HDR toning to a desaturated layer copy of your image, i then darkened the image and made the two layers as one. New layer and did colouring to shoes on one layer a new layer for shirt etc, soften each layer to achieve the look you require.
    The image to start with is very poor.

-hdr-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Not the only way to do it but i used HDR toning to a desaturated layer copy of your image, i then darkened the image and made the two layers as one. New layer and did colouring to shoes on one layer a new layer for shirt etc, soften each layer to achieve the look you require.
    The image to start with is very poor.

-hdr-jpg
    THANKS ALOT PAUl! i really appreciate it.. : )
    btw im gonna try doing some things with it! maybe it will work out! LOL who knows . : )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Other products like Topaz will help you also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I made something that is more complicated in its steps and takes both adjustments and filters, including sharpening. But I think Paul is right about a Topaz filter being used. I used threshold and posterize just yesterday in a sketch transformed image. I tried it with this, but the image is so flat and blurry that the threshold was impossible to get any detail into. It would help immensely if you had a better image to begin with. The find edges filter creates the posterizing effect of swirls that you see. This can be deleted or minimized several ways. On the find edges layer, you can add a mask or use the eraser. You can also make a selection of the guy and mask off the inverse.

Here is the link to the image I made yesterday using poster edges and threshold. You can see by the before and after that there is a much greater range of highlight to shadow and sharpness of the image. Those were vital to getting the sketch like results (especially if you can't afford to purchase a Topaz product, you can simulate the style): http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/...post1533620856

-edges-jpg
    Last edited by ibclare; 01-05-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Photoshop Gurus Site Rules

3 Ps of PS: perseverance, patience, & play!