What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which resolution for nightclubflyer???

Windows7

Power User
Hi guys,

This is something i asked myself a lot till now but still i don't know ANYTHING about it and that is.. which "resolution" to take???

What does the resolution do and is it better to take a as high as possible or as low as possible???

I began to create nightclubflyers and i use the next custom size: 676x960.

Till now i used a resolution of 28,35 pixels/cm. Is that good or not??

What took my attention is is that when a friend of me use my flyer as a cover image on facebook so in big size the quality gets badder??? Why is that??

Thank you,

MikeMc

McGuru
The resolution is too low...That is set for good WEB / screen. Set it to 118 cm which is close to 300 dpi (print resolution)

Windows7

Power User
Ok man thank you very much i changed it.. but.. what difference it's gonna make for the eye??

ibis

Power User
most natural way to think of image size/resolution in order to get quality print outs is to
get it in natural size ( for A4 size paper for example it will be 21 cm x 29,7 cm) ant resolution on 300 dpi.

Windows7

Power User
hey guys.. i don't want to say anything with it but.. my affiches is only for the web and 99% not for printing so.. does resolution still have to be then 300dpi???

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
No, Computer screens can only "see" 72ppi (dpi). Anything created for web content should be 72 dpi and RGB color. Higher resolution and/or CMYK color images are for printed matter.

MikeMc

McGuru
No, Computer screens can only "see" 72ppi (dpi). Anything created for web content should be 72 dpi and RGB color. Higher resolution and/or CMYK color images are for printed matter.

I want both...So I routinely make most images at a high resolution...SO if I print...it will be ok as long as I keep the size down. Now when you started this, you were talking about a flyer. So if you want both printed and screen High Res is your need..Web only 72dpi is fine

ALB68

I want both...So I routinely make most images at a high resolution...SO if I print...it will be ok as long as I keep the size down. Now when you started this, you were talking about a flyer. So if you want both printed and screen High Res is your need..Web only 72dpi is fine
I was just answering his question of "but.. my affiches is only for the web and 99% not for printing so.. does resolution still have to be then 300dpi???"
Your right to initially create at the higher res because you can always size down. Attenpting to enlarge with low res is where the problems come in.

Windows7

Power User
Ok guys thank you all!!

Most of the times i'll use 72dpi but what is the best resolution then that is good for web and as good for printing?? 150dpi???

Btw.. : 72dpi in pixels/CM right because i know most of you guys are not from Europe so i think you use pixels/INCH???

Btw(2): nobody gave an answer to why my affiches on the web loose quality when they get made bigger??? Like from the original size to a facebook 'cover background'???

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
Ok guys thank you all!!

Most of the times i'll use 72dpi but what is the best resolution then that is good for web and as good for printing?? 150dpi???

Btw.. : 72dpi in pixels/CM right because i know most of you guys are not from Europe so i think you use pixels/INCH???

YEP Still using inches here:banghead:

Btw(2): nobody gave an answer to why my affiches on the web loose quality when they get made bigger??? Like from the original size to a facebook 'cover background'???

Because the resolution is too low. Yes you can go to 150....it will look good at smaller sizes:mrgreen:

ALB68

FYI -DPI = Dots per INCH. Photoshop uses PPI = Pixels per inch, basically the same

Windows7

Power User
If you say 72dpi and 150dpi both in in pixels/INCHES... what are both then in CM???

MikeMc

McGuru
29.528 pixels/Cm and 118.11pixels/CM found that in image size menu....swap in for CM

ALB68

ibclare

Queen Bee
Oh . . . well . . . no shame in that. We were talking about monitors? Something about how big is yours? or something . . .

How big is yours? Oops, family forum! :rofl:

MikeMc

McGuru
Oh . . . well . . . no shame in that. We were talking about monitors? Something about how big is yours? or something . . .

How big is yours? Oops, family forum! :rofl:

anim1.gif