What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop trick

FloMo

Hello

I am hoping someone will be able to help me please. I have a logo that I did in Photoshop. It is a red D with a silver 2 over it. I would like some parts of the 2 to be in front of the D and some parts to be behind the D. I have no idea how to even search for what I need to do. I am using photoshop cs5

Please help somebody out there!!

thanx a mil

Tracy Mapes

It's Called the Layers Palette.

Just Make Copies of the Same Layer, Place them Above or Below Your Target Layer, and then Apply a Layer Maks to Paint Away the Un-Needed Portions of Your Image.

Take Care,

-Tracy Mapes

Here' a PSD File to See if it's what you're Looking for? View attachment TEXT-TEST.psd

TEXT-TEST copy.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi FloMo, and welcome.

I like your D2! It did come out nicely. There is a simple technique for intertwining letters and other stuff. I use this technique often for this type of effect. I made you a short vid on the process. Remember, there are other ways to do this but for me this is the simplest. I also use masking, it's less destructive. (Always duplicate layers you want to save)

Watch in full screen mode and at 720p.

Last edited: