What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Editing Software

Hi
I'm looking for a program I can use on a mac which will allow me simply to resize images and photographs. Any suggestions of any which I could get hold of aside from photoshop without spending a lot of money.

Thanks

There are many programs that you could do what you want, but, to me, "Picasa" (by Google) sounds like a perfect match. Here's a nice summary:
http://download.cnet.com/Picasa/3000-2193_4-10906661.html

I have Photoshop, so I rarely use Picasa's editing features, but I have been using Picasa as my secondary image catalog/retrieval system for probably something like 10 years, and it has never once given me the slightest bit of trouble -- it installs and uninstalls easily, it doesn't hog system resources (even with my very large archive - 250,000 images), it interfaces nicely to its on-line image hosting application "PicasaWeb", and best of all, it's absolutely free.

If you decide to try it, rather than having to deal with "helpful" download programs that places like Cnet force you to use, you should download it directly from the developer, Google:
www.picasa.google.com

HTH,

Tom

Back