What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop cs 2 and cs 4 keep crashing copy/paste/move

symbiosis

hi guys ! i have an i7 ,evgax58 mobo, 6 gig ram ,1000 watt power supply and radeon hd 4870 video card , i mainly do 3d with my system . Now for no apparent reasons and no specific updates or install , my photoshop cs 2 crashes on my almost everytime i copy paste and move a part on an image ( fairly big about 2 k but nothing overboard) so i installed a cs 2 again thinking i was corrupted. same thing... so i thought i had a bad version for some reason even though i used this version since forever... So i installed cs4 , bam, same thing !!!

im really stuck in a rut, tryied booting , running only photoshop nothing else.. install , reinstall..

im running out of ideas , please people, can anybody help ? !!

thanks a lot !

luis

Hi!

I have the same problem. I use windows 7 and photoshop cs4 (updated to 11.0.1) for a couple of months now. This has started to occur recently. It crashes as soon as I move the pasted object, no matter if it is on a new layer of same document or on the new document.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Photoshop.exe
Application Version: 11.0.1.0
Application Timestamp: 499bf9b5
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 65637275
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 9242
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If somebody have some tips, please let us know! Thanks.

Change your settings to allot for more memory just
Screenshot2009-10-16at84957AM.jpg

I've found the cause. It was strange, because after restart of the system everything worked fine. Then I started to run programs one by one and tried the copy/paste/move procedure after each started app. On this way I found out that the problem is with Java based program called jDownloader. Since I closed it Photoshop runs just fine!

Increasing the memory in Photoshop doesn't help, I guess then it is a bug in jDownloader.
But thanks iDad anyway!

thanks so much !!! it worked

that was it !!! damn i had to reinstall my machine just for that , lol stupid me... i just never ever thought o that jeez...

thanks a mill mate ! cheers ~!

OH MAN! i love you!!!
i was getting mad with this bug and couldn't not find out what it was, i've been in this situation for months and months!
I would never associate the problema with JDownloader
thank you!!!!

I've found the cause. It was strange, because after restart of the system everything worked fine. Then I started to run programs one by one and tried the copy/paste/move procedure after each started app. On this way I found out that the problem is with Java based program called jDownloader. Since I closed it Photoshop runs just fine!

Increasing the memory in Photoshop doesn't help, I guess then it is a bug in jDownloader.
But thanks iDad anyway!

Thank you!!

But thanks iDad anyway!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! OMG this problem was driving me batty! I never would have thought that to be the cause! Thanks you just saved me from losing tons of work all the time!!! I tested out the file that kept crashing and you are totally right about JDownloader *HUGS*

"...the problem is with Java based program called jDownloader..."

I don't have jDownloader installed on my machine and I am still experiencing this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and cannot get this resolved.

thank you so much!
this problem has been bugging me for along time now, i pretty much gave up using photoshop until i find this thread!

Where would I find out if I have jdownloader? I don't see it running on the system but didn't know if it was hidden. Anyone know? Maybe this is the whole issue with my CS4 crashing. I'd given up on my desktop because CS4 just crashes right away, and am now only running it on my laptop. I'm buying a new computer but if this all goes back to jdownlaoder then I need to know so I can make sure I am not running it.

Thanks.

Sounds like a virus maybe..

JDownloader is open source, platform independent and written completely in Java. It simplifies downloading files from One-Click-Hosters like Rapidshare.com or Megaupload.com - not only for users with a premium account but also for users who don't pay. It offers downloading in multiple paralell streams, captcha recognition, automatical file extraction and much more. Of course, JDownloader is absolutely free of charge. Additionally, many "link encryption" sites are supported - so you just paste the "encrypted" links and JD does the rest. JDownloader can import CCF, RSDF and the new DLC files.

If it's running as a process then end the process and see what happens...

Where would I find out if I have jdownloader? I don't see it running on the system but didn't know if it was hidden. Anyone know? Maybe this is the whole issue with my CS4 crashing. I'd given up on my desktop because CS4 just crashes right away, and am now only running it on my laptop. I'm buying a new computer but if this all goes back to jdownlaoder then I need to know so I can make sure I am not running it.

Thanks.

its generally something you would know about, its icon in the system tray is a dark green globe type thing with a bit of yellow on it. as far as i can tell it runs a process called javaw and when i stop this process (or just close jdownloader normally) it fixes the photoshop problems.
maybe other java apps have a conflict as well try and do a safe start or close everything down and see if photoshop works then.

your problem might be something else entirely, I am using photoshop cs2 and the crash occured without fail whenever i tried to paste or move a layer around.

Ok thanks..I don't have that running. Photoshop won't run in safe mode either, it just wont run at all. For awhile I had gotten it to run if I reset the preferences every single time and had nothing else running, but now it wont even do that. I have it on my laptop so I'm not that worried about it, now that I got it to run on my laptop.

Thanks again

Cards, something is corrupting your files, that's why you have to reset every time... I'm willing to bet more than your Ps files are corrupt..

OMG...you are a genius. I would not have thought of Jdownloader. Sure enough, it was running when I was using photoshop. Thanks.

is it me are or you lot talking about a torrent version of photoshop? we don't tolerate pirated versions of photoshop here!

Back