+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Inkz
  • 1 Post By ibclare

Thread: Blurred Design Elements

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Blurred Design Elements

    Hey everyone,
    I'm having issues where I'm getting clarity in my text layers (non-rasterized) but am getting blurring on all the design elements of my image. The lamp elements are edited and re-sized, however the lines (solid and dotted) are pen-tool based vectors that I then stroked with the brush tool. I can't seem to figure out what's going on. It seems to be an issue only with this project, as I haven't had this issue with others, but I'm failing to isolate what I"m doing differently. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    Blurred Design Elements-janet-invite2.jpg

  2. #2
    Queen Bee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,899
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 591 Times in 577 Posts

    Re: Blurred Design Elements

    It looks weird, like jpeg compression. I assume you're using a high resolution. It certainly is large given the enlargement on the forum. Have you tried stroking the image with the edit menu rather than the stroke path with brush? I also assume your brush is set to full hardness for the stroke.

    If you have Illustrator, it might work better to do your enlargement there. I'm not much of an Illustrator user so I'm sure others will have ideas. I just happened to be online when our post popped up.
    Photoshop Gurus Site Rules

    3 Ps of PS: perseverance, practice, & play!

  3. #3
    Former Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On my desktop in Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    327
    Thanked 175 Times in 170 Posts

    Re: Blurred Design Elements

    When you say, the lamps were resized...

    Did you mean you made them larger or smaller?
    Paul likes this.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Blurred Design Elements

    Quote Originally Posted by ibclare View Post
    It looks weird, like jpeg compression. I assume you're using a high resolution. It certainly is large given the enlargement on the forum. Have you tried stroking the image with the edit menu rather than the stroke path with brush? I also assume your brush is set to full hardness for the stroke.

    If you have Illustrator, it might work better to do your enlargement there. I'm not much of an Illustrator user so I'm sure others will have ideas. I just happened to be online when our post popped up.
    Yep, I'm running 600 pixels/inch for resolution. I'll give stroking the image with the edit menu a shot and see what happens. Thanks! ANd unfortunately I don't have illustrator, I wish I did in these situations though...

    Quote Originally Posted by Inkz View Post
    When you say, the lamps were resized...

    Did you mean you made them larger or smaller?
    Uh... both. :P The large one was scaled up maybe 20% and the others were decreased singificantly more, but I can't remember exactly. I have accidentally deleted the original image now so checking the exact specs of my resizing will take more time.

  5. #5
    Queen Bee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,899
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 591 Times in 577 Posts

    Re: Blurred Design Elements

    Quote Originally Posted by owenhscott View Post
    I have accidentally deleted the original image now so checking the exact specs of my resizing will take more time.
    OWWWWuch.

    I don't have to tell you (right?), but first thing is take steps to not let that happen. The other thing is, if you have CS5 or 6 (and maybe earlier?), you have the option of creating a smart object so that transforming size is non-destructive. But you're not alone in that goof. How many of us have not done it, lol . . .
    Paul likes this.
    Photoshop Gurus Site Rules

    3 Ps of PS: perseverance, practice, & play!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Blurred Design Elements

    Quote Originally Posted by ibclare View Post
    It certainly is large given the enlargement on the forum.
    Heh, yeah my apologies for the ginourmous image file. It is a print document so I was working in very high resolution.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Blurred Design Elements

    Quote Originally Posted by ibclare View Post
    OWWWWuch.

    I don't have to tell you (right?), but first thing is take steps to not let that happen. The other thing is, if you have CS5 or 6 (and maybe earlier?), you have the option of creating a smart object so that transforming size is non-destructive. But you're not alone in that goof. How many of us have not done it, lol . . .
    Heh, oh yeah, I've done it before and usually take the steps to avoid it, but apparently I was being a schmuck this time around. :P I'll try creating it as a smart object next time around for size transform and hopefully that'll help too. I'll re-post when I've had time to make these adjustments and see if they correct the issue.

  8. #8
    Beast RARRR!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    659
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 68 Times in 65 Posts

    Re: Blurred Design Elements

    As far as text, make sure it's set to smooth, should get rid of this jaggies. As Clare has suggested, make anything a Smart Object if you can, leave it as a smart object until you're done with messing with scale etc.

    I too, have deleted images by mistake. Gutting experience but don't dwell on it or else it will eat you hehe

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Photoshop Gurus Forum. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.