What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with Photoshop CC 3D and Lighting Effects errors

xversion1

I can not use Lighting Effects and 3D because of these errors keep appear
Screenshot+%28192%29.pngScreenshot+%28193%29.png

I have 4GB RAM and I already checked 'Use Graphics Processor' box. Photoshop CS6 works fine with the same setting but Photoshop CC doesn't. Video card and RAM didn't cause these errors. I think it's Photoshop CC. I want to use only Photoshop CC and remove Photoshop CS6 but I can't because I still need to use 3D and Lighting Effects. That cost my hard drive memory to use 2 Photoshop versions at the same time.
I already removed both of them clearly and reinstalled but it doesn't work.
Please help me out! Thanks!

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
What kind of computer please?
I can not use Lighting Effects and 3D because of these errors keep appear
Screenshot+%28192%29.pngScreenshot+%28193%29.png

I have 4GB RAM and I already checked 'Use Graphics Processor' box. Photoshop CS6 works fine with the same setting but Photoshop CC doesn't. Video card and RAM didn't cause these errors. I think it's Photoshop CC. I want to use only Photoshop CC and remove Photoshop CS6 but I can't because I still need to use 3D and Lighting Effects. That cost my hard drive memory to use 2 Photoshop versions at the same time.
I already removed both of them clearly and reinstalled but it doesn't work.
Please help me out! Thanks!

Steve

Retired Administrator
I'm not sure if the same basics that applied to previous versions apply to CC but here goes.

Make sure your video driver is up to date.

Try resetting the preferences file.
It cures a lot of strange behavior in PS.

Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

ALB68

Let me interject something about the video driver. I have a Dell laptop that I use for PS. I got the computer and shortly after I bought CS6. I got the same message about the graphics card not being recognized and turn on and off etc. OK, so I read the stuff about the tested cards and I supposedly had one. I could get everything else to work except the Oil Paint filter. (No 3d as I did not have extended). I have a 64bit system and I kicked the ram up to 8gb. So then, I sign up for CC. I get the same old thing about the card, and I had supposedly verified the driver was up to date via the Windows hardware manager. OK, so now I have PS Extended with the CC and I want to run 3d. No go. Then I started investigating the card in earnest. I went to Dell's website, and was able to ascertain exactly which card I had..which was an Intel 3000. Then I came back and looked at the driver dates that were supposedly up to date..NOT. My driver on the machine had a date that was 6 months or so earlier than the one shown on the Dell site. I downloaded it, installed it and BINGO, 3d, Oil Paint etc now work.
Point is, don't believe anything except what you find from the computer manufacturer. Adobe also lists the tested cards on their site. I learned the "driver up to date" thing reported by Windows is not to be trusted. Hopefully you Mac users will get better info.

xversion1

8 gb of ram
I dont't think it need 8GB because CS6 still work fine with 4GB.

What kind of computer please?
My laptop is Vaio VPCEB23FM with Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

I'm not sure if the same basics that applied to previous versions apply to CC but here goes.

Make sure your video driver is up to date.

Try resetting the preferences file.
It cures a lot of strange behavior in PS.

Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"
I tried, it doesn't work

Let me interject something about the video driver. I have a Dell laptop that I use for PS. I got the computer and shortly after I bought CS6. I got the same message about the graphics card not being recognized and turn on and off etc. OK, so I read the stuff about the tested cards and I supposedly had one. I could get everything else to work except the Oil Paint filter. (No 3d as I did not have extended). I have a 64bit system and I kicked the ram up to 8gb. So then, I sign up for CC. I get the same old thing about the card, and I had supposedly verified the driver was up to date via the Windows hardware manager. OK, so now I have PS Extended with the CC and I want to run 3d. No go. Then I started investigating the card in earnest. I went to Dell's website, and was able to ascertain exactly which card I had..which was an Intel 3000. Then I came back and looked at the driver dates that were supposedly up to date..NOT. My driver on the machine had a date that was 6 months or so earlier than the one shown on the Dell site. I downloaded it, installed it and BINGO, 3d, Oil Paint etc now work.
Point is, don't believe anything except what you find from the computer manufacturer. Adobe also lists the tested cards on their site. I learned the "driver up to date" thing reported by Windows is not to be trusted. Hopefully you Mac users will get better info.
I downloaded new update Intel HD Graphic driver from sony.com, I'm sure the video driver is up-to-date.
The thing is CS6 and CC don't have much differences about system requirement, but my CS6 still works perfectly while CC doesn't. I have installed both now.

ALB68

OK. PS Cc is telling you that your short on Ram. You can put at least 8gb in it since you have a 64 bit OS...so why not? Its not expensive and man it makes a huge difference. If you take this to Adobe they can actually hook up to your computer and help solve the issue. They helped me like that when I set up CC. Try that. But unless you upgrade the ram that's what they are going to say.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ALB68

Also, did you try re-setting the choices in Advanced on the graphics processor settings? I have mine set to Normal. Also, does the Graphics Processor Settings show the full name of the card you have?

Another thing that just occurred to me..how much RAM are your allocating to PS.? That's in the top left of the Performance screen.

Last edited:

xversion1

@ALB68 Thanks! But unfortunately, I'm not in America so a 8GB RAM isn't cheap at all, and I also can't take this to Adobe too. I tried to set Normal like you said but it doesn't work. Here my setting:
Capture.JPG

ALB68

"I tried to set Normal like you said but it doesn't work." Do you mean it is grayed out and the box only shows Basic? or did you set it to Normal and it still didn't work as far as solving the issue? If you don't have the option to select Normal or Advanced, you probably still have a driver problem. I say this because mine was the same way until I upgraded the driver.Intel HD (compare yours to mine) is not a graphics card but integrated graphics and there are many versions of it which do you have? The settings should be showing the specific card. I also looked at Sony's site and that driver update is for Windows 7, not 8. They say they don't support Windows 8 drivers on your model. So the problem may be non-fixable. Sorry.

Why can't you take this to Adobe? Heck their tech support is in India and a tech called me the other day on his dime and talked to me for 2 hours.

Attachments

• Graphics Processor1.JPG
    Graphics Processor1.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
RAM is your issue, you are using less than 2 mb as shown in your capture. I know RAM is not free, but if you want the software to work the way you want, you need the ram....You really need 4mb just for PS...It will then give you lots of use

xversion1

I tried max RAM and nothing new happen. If RAM or video driver is my problem, why CS6 work fine but CC doesn't with the same RAM and video driver?

Capture.JPG

ALB68

Your going to have to go to Adobe and ask about this issue. I have told you all I know. I am not a tech, you need one that has the knowledge to help you further. I do see your point about it working in CS6, but I don't necessarily agree. ASK ADOBE! It's free! and where CC is involved, they will bend over backwards to help you. I don't know what part of the world your in, but obviously you can get on the internet, send them an e-mail if nothing else. Again, I recommend you buy some more RAM when you can. Good luck!

xversion1

Actually, my english is not good enough. I'm a little unconfident to communicate with Adobe's assistances.
I often make mistakes about grammar and can't speak and listen fluently and clearly. :eek:

MikeMc

McGuru
Actually, my english is not good enough. I'm a little unconfident to communicate with Adobe's assistances.
I often make mistakes about grammar and can't speak and listen fluently and clearly. :eek:

I think you do fine.....BUT Adobe is a worldwide company, Email them in your language and let them help you.

I suspect the extra ram is needed due to the "cloud" and the way it connects..Again Adobe can and will help you.

ALB68

Not to worry. The guy I spoke with in India had a tough time too, heck, they probably have someone that speaks your native language, what ever it may be. Email them and ask for someone to call you that speaks your language.