What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with size/dimensions of images on Macbook Pro

mageek

Hi guys, hope you can help. I have a problem and it's driving me insane.

So I'm on Adobe Photoshop. I'm creating a web banner and the dimensions are 500 x 500 pixels. Right? See below...

1.png

I save this banner as a JPG or PNG, click on the saved file and open it with PREVIEW, but for some reason it's doubled in size! See below....

2.png

I'm clicking on the 'info' and the dimensions still read 500 x 500, but in reality it has now doubled in size on my screen and is fuzzy and pixelated as a result. Rendering my web banner USELESS. Because when I try to upload it online onto Wordpress..etc, it's uploaded as this stretched and pixelated fuzzy image. :Not-Amused:

I don't know why the hell it's doing this. It's happening on both illustrator and photoshop. Does anyone know what's going on? :Shouting:

I'm using the Mavericks OSX on a new retina macbook pro. This never used to happen on the previous one. :Oops:

Many thanks in advance for your time.

hey there thanks for the reply. Unfortunately no it's not that. Infact, whatever resolution I put it on the image (from 72 DPI to 800 DPI) the image is staying the same. The size of the canvas is refusing to change/adapt to the DPI i put. It's so weird, I dunno what to do.

Back