What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Raw 8.4 problems

Jakk

Hi there,

First let me apologise if this has been asked before but I am totally stuck.

I have been trying to download and install adobe camera raw 8.4 so that i can edit my raw files from lightroom 5.4 into CS6. Lightroom is requesting i download 8.4 in order for this exchange to be compatible.

I can not find any where to download 8.4 any where not even on the a doe website. Clearly I am doing something wrong. There is a lot of information on the Adobe page but no download (that i can see). All that I have managed to get so far is the DNG converter but this will not resolve my issue with gutting LR and CS6 to talk to each other.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Many thanks for the help, but I have already tried that and all I get is the DNG converter. I should also have noted that I am a Mac user so I would need the .dmg file.

How ever if this is the correct download link, what am I dong wrong?

Thanks again.

Ah so there is no 8.4 plugin for CS6? that is odd as Lightroom is prompting me to install this plugin to CS6. Converting all the images i want to edit in photoshop really isn't an option. I used to be able to right click a selection of images in LR and click edit in photoshop now when I do so I am prompted to install the 8.4 plugin as my RAW files my not be read correctly.

I hope this makes sense. I don't actually use the camera RAW abilities in photoshop. I do all my RAW edits in Lightroom but I will edit pictures in CS6 from Lightroom to do more detailed touch up work. usually when i right click a picture and choose edit in photoshop it will import into CS6 then i can edit it and then hit save and it comes back into Lightroom as Tif file. Now when i click edit in photoshop i get a message asking me to render the image in Lightroom as I need the RAW 8.4 update. But I can't find the update.

I hope this makes sense. I don't actually use the camera RAW abilities in photoshop. I do all my RAW edits in Lightroom but I will edit pictures in CS6 from Lightroom to do more detailed touch up work. usually when i right click a picture and choose edit in photoshop it will import into CS6 then i can edit it and then hit save and it comes back into Lightroom as Tif file. Now when i click edit in photoshop i get a message asking me to render the image in Lightroom as I need the RAW 8.4 update. But I can't find the update.
Use this - h**p://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/PhotoshopCameraRaw7-7.0/8.4.76/setup.zip replace ** by tt

Back