What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error when trying to save in PS 7.0

Hello,

I have been working on a brochure which i got as a free template but unfortunately, it won't allow me to save. I get the following error;

"File Locked....." < solved - had to extract the files

"Could not complete your request because of a program error"
< Extracted, but now get this error

I have done no end of searching for a solution, but they all say to go to

Edit / Preferences / Type.. and then change the text to Mediterranean or something. This isn't available in PS 7.0 or at least to my knowledge (it isn't in preferences) so can't try this solution.

I have also tried deleting layers to see if it was a corrupt file, but to no avail.

I have attached the template to this message to see if somebody can figure it out.

Please help, it's driving me INSANE! lol

Thanks in advance for all feedback i get

AndyView attachment template.zip

My friend just opened it up on his computer and saved it with a different name, but i still get the same error. It must be something to do with my computer or settings.

i can save other documents though which is odd.

Yep i did that, just tried it again but still get the error.

I am going to delete my prefs. file to see if my preferences might be causing the issue.

I don't think I'm understanding your problem.
I opened the PSD and got a Font missing reply.
I installed the font and receive no font error message.

I then saved the PSD to a new name with no error message.
I am using CS6.

Yes, you're not getting the error message i am getting.

It isn't a font error, it's when i click save / save as that i get the error. It won't let me save the file.

I am using cs5

The font is installed, i have more than enough memory and i can save other projects.. just not this one for some reason.

maybe it was created using cs6 and that's why i get the error?

Back