Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Animated GIF file size changing

Hey guys,

I could really use some help, I'm rather baffled.

I made some animated gifs the other day for my company to use as ads. Just simple illustrations with about 8 frames. They need to be around 40k, which I was able to do without much issue using the lossy and color adjustments. However the ads got rejected because there wasn't a boarder and the animation played for too long. I shortened the number of times the animation played and added a 1px boarder, and had to reduce the size of the drawings slightly in order for the boarder to fit. Now when I go to save the file size has more than doubled. It seems to be the resizing of the illustrations that is causing this, but I don't understand why making them SLIGHTLY smaller is increasing the file size so much.

Any ideas why this is happening or what I could do to fix it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Animated GIF file size changing

Nevermind, I solved it. Seems one of the elements was shifting slightly when I resized the layers and was causing there to be extra animation every frame.